The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How are trackers different to Google Analytics?

Honeybadger

AffKit Ninja
One week into my Affiliate Fix journey and I'm still none the wiser as to how trackers are different to Google Analytics. What are trackers? TY

• in the short summation -- close to real time data logging software.
  • trackers can handle s2s (server to server) posts on a CPA event --usually a payout conversion.
  • you could do this all by yourself if you can develop your own api --why reinvent the wheel?
I could tell you why but you would need the IT and "data science" background as well as a large volume money interest.

One week into my Affiliate Fix journey and I'm still none the wiser as to how trackers are different to Google Analytics. What are trackers? TY
To cut the long story short, what trackers can do:

1. To segment your audience in different ways: IP, geo, type of the device, type of the connection, browser, etc;
  2. To commit A/B (split) testing;
  3. To get rid of fraud-traffic;
  4. To manage smart-links;
  5. To aggregate conversion stats;
  6. To collect statistics about your costs from different traffic sources;
  7. To resell traffic to a third party;
  8. To work directly with publishers, without contacting Ad-networks, and that allows you to earn more without their commissions.
Our support can tell you more, if you are interested, also you can try our tracker for free for 30 days and find an answer by yourself, just register on our official website :)

So as I understand its like Google Analytics with advanced features for power users?
Something to consider further down the road
I will look into this again nearer Christmas

If you spend over $1,000 per day in advertising you need custom tracking or you will be wasting a large amount of your ad budget. If you are spending less that $1,000 per day it's more cost efficient to just use some commercial software solutions (and hope for the best).

That has answered my question
I don't spend $1k a week on advertising (yet)

pre lander >selling page>transaction<<<s2s post back to affiliate (or affiliate network>to affiliate's tracker)
or:
199 LP IN>15 Sales page OUT >1Transaction (conversion) ; then tracking <1 Sale/conversion s2s(server to server notification) to the tracking api
There are many ways to acknowledge a completed sale to a partner.

I wrote a java script beacon (that works along the same line as google analytics) that will track an affiliate referrals actions on an 'offer website' --using the affiliate's server resources. This could easily be done in reverse also allowing the offer to see the affiliate referral's page flow and goals reached.

Truth is: without an IT base (department[personnel]|or| knowledge in programming and development) you will be getting less with a tool.

Most people do not have the understanding of program logic and data manipulation so they use tools with set templates and processes. So, you cobble GA and a commercial tracking program together and try or pretend to optimize with limited data.

G-A (Google Analytics or Tag Manager) is the easiest way to discover Bounce rate and Time spent (elapsed) on a page. I have found G-A useless to track an IPs exact location and paths on a servers pages.

If you spend over $1,000 per day in advertising you need custom tracking or you will be wasting a large amount of your ad budget. If you are spending less that $1,000 per day it's more cost efficient to just use some commercial software solutions (and hope for the best).

banners
Back