The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How a Pro Digital Marketer Can Still Be a Struggling CPA Affiliate

Hey Guys,

I am Ash and I have been providing digital marketing services ( Blogging, social media, email marketing, and PPC services) for clients for a long time now. I run a digital marketing agency catering to clients globally.

With affiliate marketing, I've seen so-so success with the regular CPS offers -- usually through blog posts, social updates, or offline consulting.

CPA, however, is a different beast. What with Google's vague policies on PPC ( Search and GDN) and all sorts of traffic sources, it's a mess out there.

With the regular PPC campaigns I run, I usually see CTR of around 3 to 5% on our campaigns (depending on niches, businesses, and countries targeted). We do landing pages, lead nurturing workflows, and A/B testing too.

For the last few months, however, I've been trying out a few campaigns but I haven't seen a single conversion yet :)

Talk about learning and learning, and learning some more, eh?

I look forward to connect with you guys and learn and earn. What Say?

Hi @Ashwin Satyanarayana , welcome to AffiliateFix and the Dojo! It's great to have you join us.

I am Ash and I have been providing digital marketing services ( Blogging, social media, email marketing, and PPC services) for clients for a long time now. I run a digital marketing agency catering to clients globally.

With affiliate marketing, I've seen so-so success with the regular CPS offers -- usually through blog posts, social updates, or offline consulting.

CPA, however, is a different beast. What with Google's vague policies on PPC ( Search and GDN) and all sorts of traffic sources, it's a mess out there.

With the regular PPC campaigns I run, I usually see CTR of around 3 to 5% on our campaigns (depending on niches, businesses, and countries targeted). We do landing pages, lead nurturing workflows, and A/B testing too.

For the last few months, however, I've been trying out a few campaigns but I haven't seen a single conversion yet :)

Talk about learning and learning, and learning some more, eh?

I look forward to connect with you guys and learn and earn. What Say?

Well you have at least recognized that paid traffic is where the action is.

What are you using for a tracker?

Are you doing mobile, PC, or both?

Are you refining the target demographics in your traffic source?

Are you identifying the bot traffic and eliminating it?

Do you have a proper budget?

With your background and experience, you should be able to slip into a positive growth model pretty quick with some adjustments.

We have a great and diverse membership and I am certain you will find them very interesting, giving, and informative.

Looking forward to seeing your posts and threads.

See you around the forums.

T J

Hi @Ashwin Satyanarayana , welcome to AffiliateFix and the Dojo! It's great to have you join us.

Well you have at least recognized that paid traffic is where the action is.

What are you using for a tracker?

Are you doing mobile, PC, or both?

Are you refining the target demographics in your traffic source?

Are you identifying the bot traffic and eliminating it?

Do you have a proper budget?

With your background and experience, you should be able to slip into a positive growth model pretty quick with some adjustments.

We have a great and diverse membership and I am certain you will find them very interesting, giving, and informative.

Looking forward to seeing your posts and threads.

See you around the forums.

T J

Hey T J,

Yeah, I am a believer in paid traffic. Not that other digital marketing channels don't work, they do ( I still help clients with all of that).

1. Using Adsbridge and trying to get a hang for tracking campaigns and offers.
2. For each offer, I do targeting, sometimes down to devices and OS versions ( for mobile traffic, for instance). Adwords and Facebook also, I usually run campaigns with as much precision as possible without choking the campaign too much. I am good with landing pages and normal conversion tracking (it's the affiliate side of things that's eating me alive -- with all those postback URLs and all that).
3. I am testing with various amounts, here and there. Yet to see a conversion. Once I do, I can scale up and budget is not an issue at all.

The only issue I have right now is to wrap my head around tracking. Once I get this, I am very confident that something will happen.

The only issue I have right now is to wrap my head around tracking. Once I get this, I am very confident that something will happen.

Yeah, tracking is often the beast that challenges us most. AdsBridge has loads of videos and they are well represented here in the community. I am certain they will help you in every way to get you smoothed out with their tracker. Keep in mind that when using free versions of trackers (any company) there is little support. However, posting in our tracking forum and referencing an AdsBridge rep in the thread, will get there attention and I am sure you'll hook up and solve any issues.

We have @Elen AdsBridge offering loads of advice to our members.

You've got your head on straight and I am sure this will be nothing more than a bump in the road when looking back. It's part of a learning curve we all go through, no matter what our background.

Yeah, tracking is often the beast that challenges us most. AdsBridge has loads of videos and they are well represented here in the community. I am certain they will help you in every way to get you smoothed out with their tracker. Keep in mind that when using free versions of trackers (any company) there is little support. However, posting in our tracking forum and referencing an AdsBridge rep in the thread, will get there attention and I am sure you'll hook up and solve any issues.

We have @Elen AdsBridge offering loads of advice to our members.

You've got your head on straight and I am sure this will be nothing more than a bump in the road when looking back. It's part of a learning curve we all go through, no matter what our background.

Hey T J

I am stuck with a strange issue with AdsBridge.

I bought a starter plan with a personal card ( My VA used this card by mistake) and when I contacted support asking me to cancel the recurring billing on this card, issue a refund, and allow me to use my business card, they aren't supporting me at all.

They are forcing me to use the second card and buy the professional plan while the starter plan is still active and with the previous card on top of the existing plan option (they still have the card on file and I don't even see a way to delete the card or stop payments). I am getting uncomfortable with this "You have no other way except spend on a plan now" thing.

@Elen AdsBridge -- Can you please look into this?

Ash

Last edited:
Hey T J

I am stuck with a strange issue with AdsBridge.

Ash

Hey @Ashwin Satyanarayana our support manager is trying to contact you. We are looking forward to solve your issue. So, please follow the instructions Irina (AdsBridge support manager) sent to your mailbox or let us know if there still any challenges.

Regards, Elen.

Btw, thx @TJ Tutor for you quick response and recommendations:)

banners
Back