The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Hosting Question Here!

AmNovice

Hey all!

Doing my research on what the best way to host my landing pages will be! I will be running paid traffic to these LPs.

Would anyone recomment a good cloud hosting platform? I know there are many but I am looking into Amazon S3, Liquid Web (not ideal because it's expensive), Bluehost (most inexpensive I've seen so far).

Any of your favorties or platform suggestions in general will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all

Hey all!

Doing my research on what the best way to host my landing pages will be! I will be running paid traffic to these LPs.

Would anyone recomment a good cloud hosting platform? I know there are many but I am looking into Amazon S3, Liquid Web (not ideal because it's expensive), Bluehost (most inexpensive I've seen so far).

Any of your favorties or platform suggestions in general will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all

I have quite few BlueHost servers, been with them since they opened in 2003. The thing is they don't have managed servers, so you have to know how to do that work yourself. Easy for me, and I think most should take the time to know how to do it.

I have used, and currently have, servers at Liquid Web that are managed. More expensive, but less work for me.

S3 is a good option, but I have not used them and not really familiar with all they offer. There have been loads of marketers using them since the services became available.

This will be a personal choice for you, but if you aren't willing to learn the ropes of managing a server, then I recommend Liquid Web.

The thing is they don't have managed servers, so you have to know how to do that work yourself. Easy for me, and I think most should take the time to know how to do it.
Thanks for the tips! So do you use only cloud servers (managed and non managed) or do you also have a physical dedicated server?

Thanks for the tips! So do you use only cloud servers (managed and non managed) or do you also have a physical dedicated server?

I do a combination of dedicated servers, CDN's, and managed services. Keep in mind I have many dozens of domains and sites for various reasons and deployments.

For getting started, I generally recommend a VPS. However, if you want to take the plunge, I would start with an inexpensive dedicated server and connect it to something like CloudFlare.

Either way, with BlueHost you'll need to learn to use your WHM. With LiquidWeb, you can choose a fully managed server.

Last edited:
open a terminal (or putty) and
ssh root@209.26.45.152
Or, pay more for a managed server (a control panel/admin) will use 1-2gb or resources depending on what it is doing at the time.
AWS might be right for you
you will need PHP, MySQL to use wordpress or probably to develop most websites today at a a minimum

open a terminal (or putty) and
ssh root@209.26.45.152
Or, pay more for a managed server (a control panel/admin) will use 1-2gb or resources depending on what it is doing at the time.
AWS might be right for you
you will need PHP, MySQL to use wordpress or probably to develop most websites today at a a minimum
Thanks! Can't I use a page builder like Elementor and then upload/host it through AWS?

Dreamhost has mixed results over the years
I pay 1/3 those prices with no control panel and no software or os update support -- all is done manually or by the server setup scripts I use.
That is the price of 'tools'

Thanks! Can't I use a page builder like Elementor and then upload/host it through AWS?
  • if you can download the complete file structure and FTP or scp that to a server.
  • if you are using wordpress you will have to download and duplicate that database --or it will not work.
  • install wordpress on your permanent server and develop it.

banners
Back