The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Help with Pinterest?

Hello I am wanting to use pinterest for affiliate marketing / bring traffic to my future site however I don't get it.

Do I upload the images? do I pin other peoples posts as that feels like I am adverting them?

When I do a post to my site how to I promote it more than others people pin thousands of things how do I stop my post going unseen?

So I have gone for the cooking niche I will do different boards a few about different food groups and a tips/tricks one and one about cooking apparatus where I plan to review top products on amazon but I'm confused I want to build a following first before I start posting my links? If I go pining lots of peoples posts when I post my links will they just not be seen?

Sounds like you need some basic Pinterest education, Josh. :)

Do I upload the images?

Yup. Really good and relevant ones. Watermark or put your website name on them so when others pin your images to their boards, they are advertising for you.

You can also put the Pinterest Save button in your browser and save your post images right from your site.

do I pin other peoples posts as that feels like I am adverting them

You'll be pinning images but you can do that, yes. I would only do it if the image is relevant to your board, of course. Often times, the person whose pin you pinned will reciprocate.

When I do a post to my site how to I promote it more than others people pin thousands of things how do I stop my post going unseen?

Well, you can't really. It's important to make your images eye-catching so that others will want to put your pins on their boards when they see them. Also, pin when it is most likely to be seen by your target audience, typically in the evening. There's nothing stopping you from deleting a pin then re-uploading it on another day to get seen again. Or have more than one image going to the page you want traffic for. Might be a good test to see which one gets the most clicks.

Your other option is paid ads/promoted pins, which I think Pinterest now offers.

I want to build a following first before I start posting my links?

That might be harder to do without any pictures. Pinterest is a visual site, it's not Twitter or FB.

If I go pining lots of peoples posts when I post my links will they just not be seen?

First of all, don't go pinning like crazy and slap 100 pins on your boards in five minutes. Do it naturally and if you can, pick pins that complement, rather than compete with what you're promoting.

Once you put up a few pins, start following people. A lot of them will follow you back. Pin quality images and consistently as you can.

I would suggest that you search and read for Pinterest threads and posts.

This one may help you, it's an oldie but a goodie by Jay Wessman: My 3 Step Guide To Getting Traffic, Sales And Backlinks With Pinterest Marketing!

Once you get rolling, this thread might prove helpful to you, as well: Some Free Pinterest Tools

Thank you! This is exactly what i needed. Im a noob when it comes to pinterest (clearly) thanks for taking the time to do this!

It was Jay that first got me started thinking about using pintrest and i started looking in to it and it just looked like a great site for marketing.

MI
Back