The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Meta paid FB & IG subs with no ads?

Graybeard

``According to a new report from The New York Times, that is indeed now in play, with Meta reportedly weighing the potential of offering paid versions of both Facebook and Instagram, which would enable E.U. users to avoid ads, and personal data usage, entirely in both apps.``

This has not been decided upon --important to note.

Ad tracking abuse and EU over regulation are the root causes.

``To be clear, under the reported proposal, Facebook and Instagram would remain free, but users would be able to pay for a subscription to remove ads, if they so chose.
The cost of such an option would likely need to be priced at least $US6 per month, based on Meta’s most recent earnings report, which shows that Facebook generates $US17.88 per quarter from each E.U. user. ``

more:

It's something to both love and hate. As for the loving art, I refer to others as I have no regular need for participating in social channels much. They do allow for connecting which is nice on occasions as i am not a social addict and do not rely 100% on any form of daily social interaction through platforms. I still pick up the phone and use Skype to reach out more than using any social platform. The hate part though, it will cut out significant portions of my advertising and therefore reduce engagement thereby reducing my overall revenues.

This has not been decided upon --important to note.
Well it may never happen --who would want to pay for Social Media anyway :D
Note the distinction of the app --Desktop and mobile browsers easily block trackers --Firefox by default --DuckDuckGo by intent.
Next up ios.
Will Android --the Google advertising operating system may have to offer the option remain competitive?

Facebook generates $US17.88 per quarter from each E.U. user.
If you model this on the spending value by the GEO segment --the real change would not be that great (most likely) anyway. Ads could be based only on EU GEO location.

IPs in traffic aggregates (not aligned with a specific user) are publicly offered data, regardless of what the EU regulators think --the internet would not work without IP packet data.

Thinking that raw IP addresses are IPP (identifying personal data) is just ignorant --use a VPN then. You still have an IP --same as a registered motor vehicle has a license tag.

In fact, to use the license tag analogy; slap on a fake or stolen license tag you violate criminal laws :D Fun fact: All license tags on motor vehicles are PPI --WTF. You wonder why there is so much hate and conflict over government actions.

1693951276512.png

What's a Fourth-Party? Doc Searls in the Intention Economy (I read the book 10 years ago --I was in the loop)

Doc Searls saw this coming IMO but no one but some of us 'eggheads' paid attention. So, here we are today in a crisis.

MI
Back