The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Hello from Africa

4See

affiliate
Hello everyone,

I'm a fresh graduate in STEM field somewhere in Africa, and I'm also new to the world of aff marketing. I spent the last few years reading about the success of friends and other popular guys in my country on my facebook wall, but I've decided long ago to never join this world as I've always hated materialism, and living my life for money.

However, after graduating I found that it was impossible to make decent living where I live if you don't have a business or you aren't involved in shady jobs. This lead me to two decision. I either choose to work for 250$-350$ for the rest of my days in my field, or I work in highly loaded job and extremly stressful for 500$ in call centers. I decided to try the second option and worked for a call center for 4 months while reading on the net about aff marketing at the same time. I ended up quitting my job 10 days ago to fully dedicate myself to research, and I've been reading posts here for the whole time.

I enjoy reading the follow alongs as you can really acquire experience through them like if it was you who were conducting the campaign, but sometimes it gets really demotivating when you see someone who still got a negative ROI at the end of his journey, or when you read that someone had to invest 2k-6k the months before to acquire the knowledge he got now.

For now, I prefere to dedicate 1 or even 2 months to research as I have a very small margin for mistakes. Firstly, because in my country even 1$ can suffice you for food for a whole day, so you can imagine how hard it could be to spend 100$ or more testing and optimizing( that's 3 months worth of food) . I also have very limited budget. Lastly, where I live there's a limit of 500$ to the sum you can transfer to the net per year.

My aim is to reach a level where I can make 30 to 40$ per day the smoothest possible. Thanks to everyone for the special treatement you give to beginners here.

Hi, @4See and welcome to AffiliateFix!

I've always hated materialism, and living my life for money.

You obviously aren't driven by materialism but you still need to live, plus if you make extra money, you can use it to help others if you don't want to use it for yourself.

I enjoy reading the follow alongs as you can really acquire experience through them like if it was you who were conducting the campaign

That's great! Yes, it gives people the whole feel of what running a campaign can be like. The highs, the lows, the ah-hah moments.

sometimes it gets really demotivating when you see someone who still got a negative ROI at the end of his journey, or when you read that someone had to invest 2k-6k the months before to acquire the knowledge he got now.

Yes, it can certainly happen. This is not a get rich quick industry and there is a distinct learning and investment curve. If somebody tells you it's fast and easy, they're not being honest with you. It's work and constant tweaking. But the rewards can be huge, both financially and on a satisfaction level.

For now, I prefere to dedicate 1 or even 2 months to research as I have a very small margin for mistakes.

There are low and no cost options that you can start with, just to get some of the basics down - social media, blogging/website come immediately to mind. They can be much slower for traffic and conversions but you could use them to start your learning and possibly generate some commissions.

that's 3 months worth of food

I feel that I have to say this: never, ever sacrifice eating, paying your rent, etc. to do this. Never. Make some extra money to pay for tools, ads, etc. but do not put yours or your family's welfare at risk.

My aim is to reach a level where I can make 30 to 40$ per day the smoothest possible.

This is definitely achievable, once you learn how. :) Before you reach that though, you need to read, study, plan and implement. I highly recommend that once you're ready to get going, you start your own follow along journey, so members can help you as you go.

I always like to suggest that newbies start their reading here:

What is Affiliate Marketing? (START HERE)
Newbie Helpdesk
Newbie411 | Free Download

And on those days when you're feeling a bit deflated and need a little extra motivation, peruse a few of these:

Success Stories and Bragging

We're here to support you all the way. Just start a thread to let us know when you have a question and someone will respond.

Good luck with your new adventure and enjoy the forums!

My fist post in the "Introduction" section, I really liked your message.

You can read everything here in a couple of weeks, make an "affiliatemarketing.txt" file in your computer and save all the posts you find value in them. Split them by vertical or traffic source type and then choose the one you have more info or find it easy or better, the one that needs the least amount of money to start testing

If I were to start again I would start with the traffic source and then find offers for it to run. So let's say I would pick pop traffic. I would pick one traffic source everybody is recommending and few Tier 3 countries with lots of offers. Reading the forums you can easily find what offers people run on pops, what countries are recommended for newbies... You must only use a spy tool or spy manually to see what LPs people are using. One country will show more promise than the others so I will continue with that one and pause the others.

One more thing regarding your research, if you want to start with mobile look for cashmoneyaffiliate's posts, here on the forums. I also recommend you to read everything on ppcmode.com, Brent is also a member here and the blog is full of knowledges. Be sure to see the video where he talks about running segments of the vertical to save money, so instead of let's say running an offer in Taiwan on Popads RON you can run that offer on only a few placements (sites) on PopAds... read the rest there. Do your researches and you'll have a great start with the best possible results.

I wish you the best of luck!

Hello everyone,

I'm a fresh graduate in STEM field somewhere in Africa, and I'm also new to the world of aff marketing. I spent the last few years reading about the success of friends and other popular guys in my country on my facebook wall, but I've decided long ago to never join this world as I've always hated materialism, and living my life for money.

However, after graduating I found that it was impossible to make decent living where I live if you don't have a business or you aren't involved in shady jobs. This lead me to two decision. I either choose to work for 250$-350$ for the rest of my days in my field, or I work in highly loaded job and extremly stressful for 500$ in call centers. I decided to try the second option and worked for a call center for 4 months while reading on the net about aff marketing at the same time. I ended up quitting my job 10 days ago to fully dedicate myself to research, and I've been reading posts here for the whole time.

I enjoy reading the follow alongs as you can really acquire experience through them like if it was you who were conducting the campaign, but sometimes it gets really demotivating when you see someone who still got a negative ROI at the end of his journey, or when you read that someone had to invest 2k-6k the months before to acquire the knowledge he got now.

For now, I prefere to dedicate 1 or even 2 months to research as I have a very small margin for mistakes. Firstly, because in my country even 1$ can suffice you for food for a whole day, so you can imagine how hard it could be to spend 100$ or more testing and optimizing( that's 3 months worth of food) . I also have very limited budget. Lastly, where I live there's a limit of 500$ to the sum you can transfer to the net per year.

My aim is to reach a level where I can make 30 to 40$ per day the smoothest possible. Thanks to everyone for the special treatement you give to beginners here.

Welcome to AffiliateFix @4See ! Thanks for joining us.

Well, it is obvious that you can express yourself quite well, and you know that a business needs direction and commitment, I expect you will do just fine.

What you want is achievable, there are thousands of examples of that here on AffiliateFix!

Everyone has to start somewhere. Be active in this community, make the proper investment, ask loads of questions, take action, and be committed. That's how it gets done!

Use this forum as a mentor. It's full of members at every level of experience which makes for many balanced perspectives for a Newbie to learn from. Take the time to read through the forums here and see for yourself that the Newbies achieving success have actually dedicated themselves to success in this industry and reaping the rewards by following the advice of fellow AffiliateFix members, being dedicated to success, putting the time in, and making the necessary investments. You cannot shortcut the learning curve. It goes slower for some and it goes faster for others. Everyone has their own intellectual absorption rates, skill development pace, commitment level, and budgets.

You are a FIX'er now and that means you have the world at your feet with IM. Here are a few suggestions:

Read and learn through extensive reading in this community. Select one vertical. one tracker, and one traffic source. Learn from your fellow members here to master each one of them (a couple of months). Then you can expand and replicate your successes.

As a Newbie, you need to read, study, invest, and implement. Perseverance, dedication, and taking action are the cornerstones of the success you will obtain.

Read
Read through the various areas of the forum to learn about the types of marketing available for your new business. Make a list of all the types of marketing and take some notes along the way. Then determine which area of marketing with which you will start your journey.

Do this to select an area of marketing to start, as well, do this to select a tracker, a traffic source, and to select a vertical.

Then read up on the affiliate networks and select two to begin with that will serve your needs and the types of offers you would like to promote. Put your application in and they will call you for an interview. Be professional and be prepared to answer some questions about how you will promote offers, do you have a website, are you a Newbie, etc. Please note, if you join the Dojo, we have a thread there that can offer assistance in getting accepted to some of the networks.

Study
Now that you have selected a basis to begin, read all of the threads in this forum that relate to your initial selections so that you have a rudimentary understanding of their features and benefits.

Invest
You will require some investment. A VPS server, domains, traffic, landing pages, etc. You will need a budget for daily, weekly, and monthly expenses. This will change over time and you will need to update it often so that you know exactly what your costs and earnings are.

Implement
This is where it all starts to earn. You must now begin to implement what you have established as your foundation for your business.

Here is some advice and guidance that will help you establish your initial goals:

Make sure you complete the following first.

Every business needs:

1. a plan
2. a schedule for research, learning, and execution
3. a budget.

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

I also recommend reading the following thread:

As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

Here is a set of immediate goals:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

Check out the new enhanced membership option here as it is full of great tools and features.

Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

Good Luck!

T J

There are low and no cost options that you can start with, just to get some of the basics down - social media, blogging/website come immediately to mind. They can be much slower for traffic and conversions but you could use them to start your learning and possibly generate some commissions.
Thank you! I got a slight preference for cpi or pin submit offers from what I heard here, but for now I think about applying some instagram cpa techniques that seem really popular here and on other forums in order to generate some income that will be help me in financing the campaigns.
I feel that I have to say this: never, ever sacrifice eating, paying your rent, etc. to do this. Never. Make some extra money to pay for tools, ads, etc. but do not put yours or your family's welfare at risk.
Luckily, I still get my basic needs covered by my parents, and I don't have any responsibilties for now.
And on those days when you're feeling a bit deflated and need a little extra motivation, peruse a few of these:

Success Stories and Bragging
Unfortunately, I started by reading everything there :D so I will have to look elsewhere for motivation.

You can read everything here in a couple of weeks, make an "affiliatemarketing.txt" file in your computer and save all the posts you find value in them. Split them by vertical or traffic source type and then choose the one you have more info or find it easy or better, the one that needs the least amount of money to start testing
Thanks for the advice. I should really start applying it as I got really disorganized by only bookmarking pages.
if you want to start with mobile look for cashmoneyaffiliate's posts,
I read all his posts and his ebook here before I made this post. I will pay for his mobile immersion area one day for sure :affiliatefix:

Thank you all @T J Tutor @azgold @lorenzo

banners
Back