The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Hello all, another newb here...

Dirkskep

I've been on and off the forum for a while...
It feels like I just can't push myself to take the plunge...
Concentration/dedication seems to be my biggest issue
I get distracted with every new thing I see
I really want to get out of this vicious circle!!!
Maybe reading a few books on concentration and planning?
What would you suggest?

Hello and welcome to the forum @Dirkskep !
I'm sure Yoda will show you the way to concentration ;)
So you're suffering from the shiny object syndrome...

A first suggestion and a very easy read with a goldmine of information, tips and tricks:
"eat that frog" by Brian Tracy
Eat-That-Frog-Tracy-Brian-9780340835043.jpg

Happy reading :cool:

What would you suggest?

So, in order to accomplish anything, one must commit!

You joined the forum in June of 2020 and this is your first post. You, by your own admission, have been flopping around the idea of becoming a marketer and taken no action for the last seven months. This is a lack of commitment. There is a reason for this. It is the result of apprehension. Apprehension is a result of lack of desire and a lack of confidence. I suggest you must satisfy these two elements. You can't eliminate them, but you can satisfy them. To satisfy them, you must have more desire than lack of desire, you must have more confidence than a lack of confidence. This only requires a few very important steps. They are the steps of taking action.

1. Decide to become a marketer. Don't dwell on it, but do embrace it psychologically, emotionally, and spiritually.
  2. Take action. The more action you take, the less apprehension exists. Failing to take action makes apprehension grow stronger. The more action you take, the more involved you get, and apprehensions begin to be satisfied.
It really is this simple and easy. You are fighting your interests by surrendering to your apprehensions. Quit surrendering and start taking action. Taking action everyday will cause you to become so involved that nothing will stop you!

Last edited:

You joined the forum in June of 2020 and this is your first post. You, by your own admission, have been flopping around the idea of becoming a marketer and taken no action for the last seven months. This is a lack of commitment. There is a reason for this. It is the result of apprehension. Apprehension is a result of lack of desire and a lack of confidence. I suggest you must satisfy these two elements. You can't eliminate them, but you can satisfy them. To satisfy them, you must have more desire than lack of desire, you must have more confidence than a lack of confidence. This only requires a few very important steps. They are the steps of taking action.

1. Decide to become a marketer. Don't dwell on it, but do embrace it psychologically, emotionally, and spiritually.
  2. Take action. The more action you take, the lest apprehension exists. Failing to take action makes apprehension grow stronger. The more action you take, the more involved you get, and apprehensions begin to be satisfied.
It really is this simple and easy. You are fighting your interests by surrendering to your apprehensions. Quit surrendering and start taking action. Taking action everyday will cause you to become so involved that nothing will stop you!
Hello @T J Tutor, I love this answer. This is why! It's more personalized

2. Take action. The more action you take, the lest apprehension exists. Failing to take action makes apprehension grow stronger. The more action you take, the more involved you get, and apprehensions begin to be satisfied.
@tjtutor always telling it how it is and igniting that fire in your belly! Thanks for always motivating and pushing us! How do you personally handle the low days where you're just not feeling that motivated as other days? Do you just train yourself to push through?

Been meaning to take up meditation to calm and still the chatter of the mind. I see lots of benefits!

@tjtutor always telling it how it is and igniting that fire in your belly! Thanks for always motivating and pushing us! How do you personally handle the low days where you're just not feeling that motivated as other days? Do you just train yourself to push through?

Been meaning to take up meditation to calm and still the chatter of the mind. I see lots of benefits!

People can handle the truth and will typically act on truth even if it comes with a little discomfort to get past a weakness or a failure. Weakness and failure are always intimidating and must be overtaken immediately with continuing the good fight for success. All success comes with failures that lead to success. I have several failures today, but I have more successes today.

Handling low moments is simple. Many options available. As you say, many find meditation, yoga, and other forms of centering very applicable and with good results. For myself, I tend to turn my attention towards something that is completely unrelated to what ever may be stressing or tiring me. It could be my household to do list, always updated daily with stuff that is completed and new things that are required. I have seven acres and ten outbuildings with equipment, I may go do something with them. I have a wonderful wife, I may go take a drive with her, or we may go have a meal somewhere (before COVID came). Sunday, I didn't do anything on the forums (Karen was so happy) and I decided to make two gallons of celery soup and two gallons of beef stroganoff. Put them in the freezers for another day (I love to cook). At the end of every day, Karen and I always take our wonderful golden retriever Buddy for a long walk around the property. Sometimes we'll do this at other times of the day too, just to unwind and have a little fun with him.

Loads of ways to embrace a good distraction to lift one's spirits and reinvigorate one's self for whatever life may bring.

What would you suggest?
Hi! @Dirkskep , What you've missed is daily inspiration that comes from within and not outside of you.

But you can create your own inspiration through setting your own principal and by having discipline.

The best books that can help you are those related to Discipline and Principal. Through discipline, your daily plan won't fall and if you proceed further, inspiration will come along the way.

Books I will recommend
1. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
(Chapter 7,8, 9 may be of help)
2. Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
3. No Excuses! The Power of Self - Discipline
Best Wishes​

(I love to cook)
Great post! You should do a small cooking channel on YT just on the side! Share some of your favorite dishes and how to prepare them.
My gf and I refer to our cat as buddy too! Buddy makes a great name/nickname for pets!
People can handle the truth and will typically act on truth even if it comes with a little discomfort to get past a weakness or a failure. Weakness and failure are always intimidating and must be overtaken immediately with continuing the good fight for success. All success comes with failures that lead to success. I have several failures today, but I have more successes today.
100% agreed. That is pretty much the moral of the story. We must overcome the things that build an emotional wall in front of our paths to success.

What would you suggest?

Welcome to the forum!
For concentration you need to focus on the practical things,no making up scenerios in head. this is just something useless and you end up with nothing.

Thank you all for your responses !
@GriD Thanks for the hint, I ordered a copy of 'eat that frog' Seems like in not very many pages lots of stuff gets covered...

@Mar Eugene, I have too much daily inspiration coming from within, I want to do too many things in a day, I think people are being trained by social media to get distracted fast...
I've read 'Think and Grow Rich' as it's popping up everywhere as a 'to read'... the book itself mentions its needs to be read several times until it grows into a habit of reading it, I understand that but just can't commit to spending that effort of making this like a bible... This is unfortunately not what will help me right now... Maybe I'll grab myself a copy of 'No Excuses'...

I think simple and clear talks to me best so thanks @T J Tutor, I am really impressed by how you were able to put my brainwaves on paper AND pointing me towards a way out... I know it's really up to me...

@codekiwi I know but still there are so many practical things to think about that I jump from one to the other without taking any action, it is very frustrating! Especially as I know that is what is stopping me and I keep falling into the same traps...

I really like the steps @T J Tutor points out, as he sais, they are simple...

Well watch motivational videos every day ,learn how to be disciplined on youtube .Also visualize every night before you sleep and imediatly when you wake up on how prpductive you are .This will program your subconstient mind for succes
Also ask yourself "WHY" this will fill your mind with advantages you will get and will motivate you to work

Welcome to the forums Dirkskep, I think you've started the most inspirational introduction thread ever :cool:

At one time or another, we've all been guilty of shiny object syndrome, I have for sure.
When you realize how those marketers manage to pull you from one shinny offer to another, and you start implementing those same tactics into your own campaigns.
You become the marketer, and you will no longer be marketed to ;)
Look forward to your progress, good luck.

Last edited:
What's your goal in life?
Coddiwomple would be a nice definition :D

Don't wanna sound negative or depressed but it's hard these days to set life goals, don't know how it looks like where you all live but here it feels like a big part of our freedom has been taken from us! I don't believe things will ever get back to what they were... Any previous set life goals might have to be re-thought...

MI
Back