The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Have a campaign ever just suddenly stopped converting to you?

isleitems24

affiliate
Hello there guys ,

I had a very very good campaign that converted 1 to 10 , with 10% CTR and amazing payout....

suddenly , it just stopped , in one day ... it does not convert at all , not even for 70 clicks.

have this ever happend to you?

Many times I have had this happen, it happens to everyone at times. It could be a competitor is stealing your clicks, or that maybe your traffic source is suddenly adding junk traffic to your campaigns, sudden saturation, banner blindness, the list goes on. You need to tell us more details about the campaigns to help you identify the issues that can cause this on your campaigns.

TJ is right, there are a lot of variables that come into play.

Make sure you don't put all your egg's into one basket.

Hey there guys ,

here are the details :
Campaign in Asia , converted 1 to 25 , then optimized channel into 1 to 10 (worked for 4 days) then tried another banner .. converted 1 to 9 for 9 transcations ,
then , 82 clicks without no 1 convertsion ( thats the new banner )
I have opened a new campaign with the previous banner , and conversion did not come back
however , when I "re-started" the old campaigns - conversions came again.

there is no difference between the old campaign to the new I opened ( not with the new banner ) expect for the bid.

is this possible that 0.23 bid is ALOT better than 0.2 click ?

0.2 had 0% conversion rate , out of 80 clicks
0.23 had 1 to 6 for 49 clicks

is this possible?

Hey there guys ,

here are the details :
Campaign in Asia , converted 1 to 25 , then optimized channel into 1 to 10 (worked for 4 days) then tried another banner .. converted 1 to 9 for 9 transcations ,
then , 82 clicks without no 1 convertsion ( thats the new banner )
I have opened a new campaign with the previous banner , and conversion did not come back
however , when I "re-started" the old campaigns - conversions came again.

there is no difference between the old campaign to the new I opened ( not with the new banner ) expect for the bid.

is this possible that 0.23 bid is ALOT better than 0.2 click ?

0.2 had 0% conversion rate , out of 80 clicks
0.23 had 1 to 6 for 49 clicks

is this possible?

Been investigating the issue for 3 days , I have tried everything .. I still get 0 conversions out of 100 clicks...
I used to have 11 conversions from 100 clicks .. something must have happend.

has this happen to anybody before ?

please support!

It's either banner blindness, theft, poor creatives, copy, crap offer, or bad traffic. There is a script available to Dojo members that I know works on landing pages to prevent theft. If it's bad traffic, your tracker should tell the details about that, banner blindness happens to most all banners and ads eventually (often very quickly).

Can you tell us the offer type, the ad platform, the tracker you use, and whether you are using landing pages or not. You have a lot more information that we do. When we analyze our own data, it goes together like a puzzle. When we put the puzzle together, it gives us the full picture. Data, data, data. So far you have given us the results, which is part of the data, but to put the picture together to help you, we need the rest of the data.

It's either banner blindness, theft, poor creatives, copy, crap offer, or bad traffic. There is a script available to Dojo members that I know works on landing pages to prevent theft. If it's bad traffic, your tracker should tell the details about that, banner blindness happens to most all banners and ads eventually (often very quickly).

Can you tell us the offer type, the ad platform, the tracker you use, and whether you are using landing pages or not. You have a lot more information that we do. When we analyze our own data, it goes together like a puzzle. When we put the puzzle together, it gives us the full picture. Data, data, data. So far you have given us the results, which is part of the data, but to put the picture together to help you, we need the rest of the data.

what the hell is banner blindness?
listen up , this campaign from the first moment had made 700% profit for me , for a MONTH!

actually I tried another banner and it had the same CTR.

Creatives : Landing page that was given , banner that was given aswell.
Offer type : CPS
Platform : Symbian OS
Campaign on Asia
Using Buzzcity
had 5% CTR for 40 days and then 10% CTR for another 30 days ..
had in total , 150 conversions

The Thing is that Its not that I Dont have clicks , I have raised the bids so high that I got X30 traffic but ZERO conversions , its surely something happend but I cannot figure with my experience what is it....
something SURELY happend.

I even tried to use Leadbot as a second traffic source but I still did not get any transcations

Small HINT :
Most of Asia are Arabian Countries that has " Ramadan " its a holiday when you fest for a whole month .. thing it has anything to do with it?

BIG HINT :
when I tried to apply for leadbolt , my ads did not approve (of this specific campign) for 10 times .. becuase Leadbolt claimed that
my creative was unavailable while their review was made , means the page probably did not work or SOMETHING happend while they tried to access " My Target URL " ( Link to the Landing page )

I have tried also to see differences between older campaigns to new ones ( of the same offer ) .. matched them all , even I re-started some just to eliminate some random stuff that might happen - no , it did not help.

HELP!

Would pay 25$ for a solution for it!

what the hell is banner blindness?

Banner Blindness is a very well known issue in display advertising. It is stated through studies that between 75% and 85% of consumers become blind to ads very quickly and their brains get trained to ignore them very quickly. I suggest you do a little research about banner blindness. It is real, and it could very well be the cause of this issue you have with sudden depletion of conversions.

listen up , this campaign from the first moment had made 700% profit for me , for a MONTH!

We have all had campaigns that run great for a day, a week, a month, and more when they suddenly stop producing. It happens eventually to every creative. It seems to be happening with consumers at a faster rate these days. Do some reading on the subject, it will benefit you greatly!

actually I tried another banner and it had the same CTR.

Landing page hijacking is the other element that can be at work here, maybe in addition to banner blindness.

If you really want to test for banner blindness and landing page jacking, then build a new set of 3 banners and a new set of 3 landing pages. have your tracker rotate the landing pages and have the banners rotate within your media buy platform. Run them for a week and compare the data to your previous campaigns. Do not copy your past creatives, art, or angle. Use completely new ones. This is how you may come to know if you are being jacked or experiencing banner blindness.

Last edited:
Banner Blindness is a very well known issue in display advertising. It is stated through studies that between 75% and 85% of consumers become blind to ads very quickly and their brains get trained to ignore them very quickly. I suggest you do a little research about banner blindness. It is real, and it could very well be the cause of this issue you have with sudden depletion of conversions.

{QUOTE]listen up , this campaign from the first moment had made 700% profit for me , for a MONTH!

We have all had campaigns that run great for a day, a week, a month, and more when they suddenly stop producing. It happens eventually to every creative. It seems to be happening with consumers at a faster rate these days. Do some reading on the subject, it will benefit you greatly!

Landing page hijacking is the other element that can be at work here, maybe in addition to banner blindness.

Hey There ,
thanks for helping mate.

my question is :

1. how can I make a landing page when the link is unique? I mean lets say mobpartner has given me URL , how can I make another page show up?
2. any great tools / tips ?

THANKS!

If you really want to test for banner blindness and landing page jacking, then build a new set of 3 banners and a new set of 3 landing pages. have your tracker rotate the landing pages and have the banners rotate within your media buy platform. Run them for a week and compare the data to your previous campaigns. Do not copy your past creatives, art, or angle. Use completely new ones. This is how you may come to know if you are being jacked or experiencing banner blindness.[/QUOTE]

{QUOTE]listen up , this campaign from the first moment had made 700% profit for me , for a MONTH!

Hey There ,
thanks for helping mate.

my question is :

1. how can I make a landing page when the link is unique? I mean lets say mobpartner has given me URL , how can I make another page show up?

THANKS!

If you really want to test for banner blindness and landing page jacking, then build a new set of 3 banners and a new set of 3 landing pages. have your tracker rotate the landing pages and have the banners rotate within your media buy platform. Run them for a week and compare the data to your previous campaigns. Do not copy your past creatives, art, or angle. Use completely new ones. This is how you may come to know if you are being jacked or experiencing banner blindness.[/QUOTE]

It sounds as though you are asking how to rotate landing pages for a single offer. Both Landing pages and banners can be rotated. Each done separately.

Landing Page Rotation is typically done these days through your tracking software. Which ever tracker you use (Bevo, Prosper, CPVLab) will allow you to rotate landing pages for an offer. In fact, these days your tracker will often have the ability to not only rotate your landing pages, but also rotate the offers for those landing pages.

Banner Rotation can be done by using a service, a script (plenty of free ones out there and some for a small fee that are more advanced), and some ad platforms have this built in as an option for you.

If you are selecting the sites to place your banners, then you simply have the webmaster place the script on their site along with your banner code.

An ad server is the easiest and best way to control all aspects of banner use and rotation. There are many to choose from. Most media buy platforms have this built in to their services. I have a Bevo account and you can rotate offers and banners in one location.

In the Dojo there is a great script to stop landing page click theft. I highly recommend joining the Dojo as there are many great tools in there. The AffKit tools alone are worth the investment, but there is an abundance of great information in there as well.

Which tracking software are you using?
Which media buy platform are you using?

Last edited:
It sounds as though you are asking how to rotate landing pages for a single offer. Both Landing pages and banners can be rotated. Each done separately.

Landing Page Rotation is typically done these days through your tracking software. Which ever tracker you use (Bevo, Prosper, CPVLab) will allow you to rotate landing pages for an offer. In fact, these days your tracker will often have the ability to not only rotate your landing pages, but also rotate the offers for those landing pages.

Banner Rotation can be done by using a service, a script (plenty of free ones out there and some for a small fee that are more advanced), and some ad platforms have this built in as an option for you.

If you are selecting the sites to place your banners, then you simply have the webmaster place the script on their site along with your banner code.

An ad server is the easiest and best way to control all aspects of banner use and rotation. There are many to choose from. Most media buy platforms have this built in to their services. I have a Bevo account and you can rotate offers and banners in one location.

In the Dojo there is a great script to stop landing page click theft. I highly recommend joining the Dojo as there are many great tools in there. The AffKit tools alone are worth the investment, but there is an abundance of great information in there as well.

Which tracking software are you using?
Which media buy platform are you using?

Hey there thank you so much for your help

1.Any chance you can guide me for any tool or tutorial or pdf who can help me and explain abut the rotations?
2. Can you give usa little teast of what is found on the AffKIt that you previously recommended?
3. As for your question, i dont really know what is tracking softwaee or wht is it neccesry if i get all information stright from mobpartner.com?
4.my media buyer is buzzcity that worked only for asia , i tried leadbolt but struggled with the zpproval of ads.

MOST IMPORTaNT question is if this blindness has occured , why do i stil get clicks? I mean i do get clicks i just dont get the conversions.. is the blindness senario is still relevant there? Because i am truly freaking out o f how i lost the best campaign ever for an unknown reason, unlogically.

THaNKS!!!!

1.Any chance you can guide me for any tool or tutorial or pdf who can help me and explain about the rotations?
Sign up for a Bevo Affiliate Portal account or download and install Prosper202 and install it. Both have support instructions about their use. Once you have taken the time to get familiar interfaces, start going through all of the support materials. Bevo has documents and videos. Prosper use to have these, I suspect they still do, but I haven't used Prosper for a couple of years.

Once you are familiar with the interface of the tracker you select, then come back to the Affiliate fix and start posting your experience and questions about the tracker you selected.

2. Can you give usa little taste of what is found on the AffKIt that you previously recommended?[/QUOTE

The AffKit Tools comes with the Dojo. You can visit AffKit to see the list of tools that comes with the Dojo.

3. As for your question, i dont really know what is tracking softwaee or wht is it neccesry if i get all information stright from mobpartner.com?

Yes, most all Affiliate Networks have a tracking of some type, however, most of them don't have the extensive controls and features that come with a dedicated tracking solution. To answer you, YES: You do need a dedicated tracking solution.

4.my media buyer is buzzcity that worked only for asia , i tried leadbolt but struggled with the zpproval of ads.

I am new to mobile and am not the best marketer to ask about mobile marketing. I suggest you start a thread in the mobile marketing forum so the mobile experts there can give you mobile marketing answers.

MOST IMPORTaNT question is if this blindness has occurred , why do i still get clicks? I mean i do get clicks i just don't get the conversions.. is the blindness scenario is still relevant there? Because i am truly freaking out o f how i lost the best campaign ever for an unknown reason, logically.

As I said before, it's like hunting nuts in a forest. You need the data from a dedicated tracking solution along with trying one or two of the scripts in the AffKit, and in addition, you need to rotate banners, offers, and landing pages to find where the hole is that requires plugging.

I agree that it may not be banner blindness, but it could be. You see, with the tracking solution you can identify whether or not you are getting bot traffic from the traffic source. You can identify and block bad traffic.

It is likely going to be bad traffic, traffic theft, or a combination of these and maybe one or two other possible issues. You must have a tracking solution to give you the data you require to identify the issue(s).

This is how all of us do it. This is how you must do it. There is no way around it. We all rely on this data to resolve our own issues with campaigns and you will have to do the same.

Get a tracking solution and learn it very well because you will be using tracking solutions for the rest of your career in this field.

You said it all...buzzcity
dont accept to much from them.
also the mobile market is very dynamic & campaigns can stop convert after 2-3 days.
try to test it with other traffic sources or move on to the next campaign

BIG HINT :
when I tried to apply for leadbolt , my ads did not approve (of this specific campign) for 10 times .. becuase Leadbolt claimed that
my creative was unavailable while their review was made , means the page probably did not work or SOMETHING happend while they tried to access " My Target URL " ( Link to the Landing page )

- with LB, they can't see the offer itself sometimes so they won't approve it until you send them a screenshot and they'll approve it. that's probably what happened. happens to me all the time.
- and yes. i've had profitable campaigns suddenly just tank. i get clicks but conversions suck. usually i just ask my affiliate manager at the network and they'll look into it. most of the time, it's bc the advertiser changed something on the offer page (yes..even changing the word from "continue" to "subscribe" can cause a drop in conversions) and also alot of offers nowadays (the subscription ones) have to put the price on top of the page whereas in the past, it was at the bottom and harder to see unless you scrolled down.

BIG HINT :

- with LB, they can't see the offer itself sometimes so they won't approve it until you send them a screenshot and they'll approve it. that's probably what happened. happens to me all the time.
- and yes. i've had profitable campaigns suddenly just tank. i get clicks but conversions suck. usually i just ask my affiliate manager at the network and they'll look into it. most of the time, it's bc the advertiser changed something on the offer page (yes..even changing the word from "continue" to "subscribe" can cause a drop in conversions) and also alot of offers nowadays (the subscription ones) have to put the price on top of the page whereas in the past, it was at the bottom and harder to see unless you scrolled down.

banners
Back