The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Ask Me Anything Guide - popads - Secret Sauce Ingredients

comegetbravo

Hello Folks of affiliatefix, I'm here with a guide on how to use popads effectively in order to maximise your profits.

This is what I will go through:
  • Why creating a new campaign for every new campaign is vital (inside popads)
  • Segmenting your bids correctly
  • Segmenting your targetings correctly (ISP, OS, Freq Cap, etc)
  • Blacklisting/Whitelisting on popads
  • Why you shouldn’t depend on the Traffic Estimation
  • My thoughts on Quality targeting in popads
  • Special tips N tricks…
Why creating a new campaign for every new campaign is vital (inside popads)
So, creating a new campaign for every new campaign, seems quite logical right? Well I thought so to.. Until I got bored with having to go through the same process all over again, I mean in popads, you can just create a campaign, and change all the settings, all settings except the URL, and it will still not trigger a need for approval.

So for example, you can create a campaign for an offer in Slovakia, and when you’ve finished the campaign, you can simply change the name in popads and your tracker, change targeting settings, and be up and running within minutes, no need to wait for approval ever again!

But wait, there’s more. Because I discovered something…..
I was chatting to the founder and CEO of popads.net, Tomasz Klekot on skype when I realized it.

I had just found a great placement that I was uniquely targeting in order to get all the traffic from it. The weird thing was, I wasn’t getting any traffic at all. So I contacted him and asked why my campaign wasn’t getting any traffic. This is the response.

tomasz-klekot.png

See, my campaign was tagged as having autoplaying sound/video, and when you submit a website (as a website owner) you can chose these options:
popads-new-site-1024x641.png

And the website I was targeting didn’t allow autoplaying sound or video, which is why I didn’t get any traffic. Most likely your campaigns will get tagged with this without you knowing, because I was never told… This way, you’re loosing out on traffic, and most probably the most valuable traffic, as from my experience the best converting placements are the websites with the most restrictions.

So, you really need to start new campaigns for every new campaign you want to run on popads.net. At least that is if you’re looking to make money. If you still are lazy, do a split test. Make a new campaign with the exact same targeting as the old one. And split them. See which does better.

Segmenting your bids correctly

When I first started out with paid traffic I was, in retrospect, lazy as fuck. I would just create one campaign for everything. I would bid below average, because in my mind I thought;
well lower bids = less spend = higher profits. If you’re thinking that, please, keep reading.

Well this post is beginning to break a new record for me in terms of length, but I got pleny more tips and strategies over on my blog, check it out.
Read more on my blog where I've uploaded the full guide:
Here:

And don't forget to comment if there's any questions you've got. I'll try to answer all I can.

I have one question but not sure if it really fits in this thread, but why do you select a GEO? Why X and not Y?

I have one question but not sure if it really fits in this thread, but why do you select a GEO? Why X and not Y?
I usually run GEOs where I can see trends moving. You can spot trends by having an overview on the top offers report your affiliate managers send out every week. Otherwise, if you can't spot a trend, ask your affiliate managers for offer recommendation / geo recommendation.

Hope I answered your question.

MI
Back