The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Gravity, what does that mean? :$

klatzen

HI

Im new on the affiliating scene, and have a question.

When i look around for a product to promote i come across "gravity", some has 100 other has 400+, but what does that mean to the product?, is the highest number good or bad? :)

Cheers Christian

Hi Christian,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us. I don't work with Clickbank so don't know the answer for sure. Just wanted to welcome you.

Gravity is pretty much how many affiliates are promoting the product and earning commissions successfully. It is not an EXACT number. So if it says there are is a gravity of 400+ that doesn't mean that there are 400+ people promoting it.

I believe click bank gives a score of .1 - 1.0 based off each commission earned within a given period of time. The more recent referral the higher the score is, and the least recent the lower the score.

Higher gravity is a good indication of how well a product is doing. However, high gravity also means more competition. Also, do not let gravity be the ONLY thing you look at for a product. I've seen products that have a gravity of 300+ but have a refund rate of nearly 30% which is not too good.

Hope that helped!
And welcome!

banners
Back