The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Google Sandbox

Copy from ahrefs

an alleged filter that prevents new websites from ranking in Google's top results

Alleged being the main focus.
personally I think it's more a term people use other than an actual thing

an alleged filter that prevents new websites from ranking in Google's top results

My experience is that which has been conceived as a sandbox is really just the maturity period that sites have to go through. Remember that new sites are competing with much older sites that have matured over time and the new ones are competing with them.

1. Create new website or add a new page.
  2. Gogglebot spiders that site or page usually 3 or 4 times
    to see of the content changes (or it is a SEO redirect or other trick).
  3. The pages(s), if accepted, are indexed.
  4. The page(s) position average in the SERPs will rise the fall for a few weeks.
  5. Then maybe stabilize based on the interest (clicks) of the aggregated searches.
Search indexing and ranking has been like that for years --you are not special --Googlebot does what it does --this is what I have seen for years.

But search the term 'sandbox' and you will find a legacy of rumor and conspiracy because that is what people want to believe.

The Google sandbox refers to the belief that Google has a filter that places all new websites under restrictions for a certain amount of time to prevent them from ranking in searches.
The idea behind the Google sandbox is that newer websites are not as relevant as older sites and are more likely to be spam. For this reason, they are restricted and allowed to mature before being allowed to rank well.

banners
Back