The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Google Page Rank

PageRank is a measure of the quality and quantity of incoming links to a specific web page. Period.

Any page on the web can pass PageRank to any other page according to the following formula:

PR passed =.85 * {PR of originating page} / {total # outgoing links on that page including internal navigation links}

So if the PR of your web page decreases, it is (primarily) because the PR of some of your incoming links have decreased, or the pages containing those incoming links have added new links (decreasing the value passed to your page).

Similarly, the PR of your page may increase as you add more incoming links, or as the PR of the originating pages increase.

It is a little bit more complicated than that in reality but that's basically it in a nutshell.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, that has nothing to do with the question posed in this thread. Rather, that article discusses "limits" to the number of outgoing links on a page (and indirectly overall page size) from the viewpoint of getting spiders to crawl your pages.

Oh right,

It does explain some things about link juice... I thought this may be a little helpful.

Just read the article you posted. Haven't been so clear on the limitations of outbound links before. Thanks.

PageRank is a measure of the quality and quantity of incoming links to a specific web page. Period.

Any page on the web can pass PageRank to any other page according to the following formula:

PR passed =.85 * {PR of originating page} / {total # outgoing links on that page including internal navigation links}

So if the PR of your web page decreases, it is (primarily) because the PR of some of your incoming links have decreased, or the pages containing those incoming links have added new links (decreasing the value passed to your page).

Similarly, the PR of your page may increase as you add more incoming links, or as the PR of the originating pages increase.

It is a little bit more complicated than that in reality but that's basically it in a nutshell.

Very interesting formula @minstrel. Is there any Matt Cutts(or any other Google worker) post or video regarding how the PR is calculated? No offense please.

Can be. I would appreciate if i could read about it on an officially source. Is good for you that you are confident in this. I want to be too...that's why i'm asking.

I can recommend the paper: "The PageRank Citation Ranking: Bringing Order to the Web".

It is written by Larry Page and is the basis for Google and describes the PageRank!

No problem. I am glad to help. Another interesting rating algorithm is HITS, but it is not used in the big search engines.

Google uses dozens of factors to determine the rankings, such as Title text, body text, inbound link text and PageRank. PageRank isn't even the most important factor. It is often the case that pages beat higher PageRank pages because they are better optimized across the various factors for the particular search term.

I heard that Page Rank isnt actually your specific page rank, but was created by a man called Page to help Google rank relevency of websites. Is this true?

I heard that Page Rank isnt actually your specific page rank, but was created by a man called Page to help Google rank relevency of websites. Is this true?

Yes and no. It was created by the men who started Google, one of whom is Larry Page, and it was named PageRank after Larry Page. But it is indeed a measure of the quantity and quality of links pointing at any given specific page on the net.

MI
Back