The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Getting Paid From Other People's Videos

iamthecoolnerd

Get your fix Ninja!
vidoes.png

Getting Paid From Other People's Videos

We all know that you can make money using your own YouTube videos. But what most people fail to realize is that you can make money from other people’s videos as well. It’s not difficult to do. You just need a good niche and a small investment of time to get started.

Step 1
Find an affiliate offer that you want to promote. Personally, I've always done better using CPA offers with this strategy. The biggest reason is because a hard sell isn't necessary. People are more inclined to go for an offer where they aren't paying any money up front. Obviously, you have to do some testing to see what works best for you.

Step 2
Find a video on YouTube that is relevant to that offer. For example, if you're promoting a skin care offer, you'll want a video that people who would be interested in a skin care offer will watch.

Watch the entire video. You need to know if the annotations are already being used. You also need to know if the more info section has any links as well.

If somebody is already marketing on this video, you have two choices:

1. Move on to another video
2. Sweeten the pot for the video owner​

Step 3
You have to do a little bit of math here. Use the following formula:

number of views / number of days up on YouTube

ex. 100,000 views / 200 days = 500 views per day (average)

Ideally, pick a video that has an average of 500 daily views. If it has less, the video can still work depending on the niche you're working in.

Step 4
Send the video owner a message.

Take a look at the two templates below to get an idea of what to say:

subject: your video was hot. can I ask you a question

Hey, what's up!

I was browsing (whatever niche) YouTube videos and I found yours. You have a good quality video that seems to be really popular. I wanted to offer you some money if I could advertise my website in "annotations" and the "more info" box.

I have my website on several other videos; I'm trying to get as many visitors as possible. That's why I'm contacting you.

I can pay you $xx for the 1st month, which will increase if I'm able to generate a decent amount of traffic.

Let me know if you have more (whatever niche) videos I can advertise on as well.

Thanks,

Your name

Hey, what's up!

I was browsing YouTube for (whatever niche) videos and I found yours. You've got some good quality videos on your channel. I wanted to offer you some money if I could advertise my website in "annotations" and the "more info" box.

I have my website on several other videos; I'm trying to get as many visitors as possible. That's why I'm contacting you.

I can pay you a flat rate per month or split the profits with you, whichever you prefer.

Thanks,

Your name

Obviously, you don't have to use those word-for-word. Put your own personality into what you're saying.

Step 5
Once the video owner agrees to work with you, send them your link and let them know how you want the ad to look. Then you’re off to the races. Keep in contact with the video owner. Being forthcoming and honest will make the business relationship more profitable for both of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
that's what i call it think out of the box would you mind sharing some of your earnings and statistics.
ps:thanks for sharing

Have fun setting up links in other people's videos without prior approval by the middleman:)
No clue what you just wrote. I mean, why don't they just sign up for affiliate network and promote the product themselves, why would they promote your link instead. I think eventually they will figure out about affiliate marketing if they haven't heard of it before, people on yt are not dumb, they at least have a brain to to create the vid and upload it. Why not instead of tricking them you go make your own vid

MI
Back