The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Ask Me Anything Generating conversions from Mobile Traffic

The first thing you need to do when this happens is contact your affiliate manger and find out if the offer has changed somehow such as reduced cap, increased retention rate, near monthly cap, check out page change, anything at all.

Also split test the offer across different networks as you may just be getting scrubbed.

You would use a bot detection script I will be giving this script away during a Webinar for affiliate fix I'll be hosting some time this coming week hopefully if all gose to plan.

I switch domain's every week when running high volume above $500 a day + aggressive.
I will check with my manager... I don't have much cpa networks that works good with mobile, another reason for me to keep applying here and there.

I am really looking forward for the webinar!

The bot detection is all based on the CTR (click through rate). What this script does is really simple: it uses Javascript to automatically redirect visitors to your landing page out script after 300ms. Humans (who can run Javascript and cant react in less than 300ms) will be recorded as clickthroughs, and bots won’t.

This method of detecting bot traffic and finding bot traffic free placements unfortunately can not be run on a live campaign it is essentially a prospecting approach for new traffic sources to find out from the of set what placements and carries are just worth cutting straight away. You can still run an offer with this method but it must be direct linked.

On some DSPs like Go2mobi you can choose the traffic exchange you want to run your campaign on a few you can choose from are smaato, appnexus, mobfox and OpenX.

Good approach to bot detection Taiwo! I am going to grab that idea to filter publishers.

The idea is that the placements that got really low CTRs are the ones with bot traffic, right?

Is this the code you are using?

<script>setTimeout(function(){location.href="http:// offer. com"} , 300);</script>

What about detecting Spy Tools Bots? What's the best approach to block AdPlexity, MobileAdScout, AdsXposed etc.?

Last edited:
When you're talking about good CTR are you talking about AFTER optimizations (black listing placements) or before? Because bot traffic could really mess with this right? Also, are you also including scripts that increase CTR but are not necessarily "true" clicks? Like back button, timed redirects, making the whole page a link, etc?

After optimization.

Nope am talking about straight landing page to offer clicks not including back traffic and full link landing pages.

yeah i just test it days ago , the traffic is not good spending 54$ and 2 conversions , i spend with go2obi less then that and got many conversions with the same landers and banners . my review about it l think they use bots like buzzzcity .

Good approach to bot detection Taiwo! I am going to grab that idea to filter publishers.

The idea is that the placements that got really low CTRs are the ones with bot traffic, right?

Is this the code you are using?

<script>setTimeout(function(){location.href="http:// offer. com"} , 300);</script>

What about detecting Spy Tools Bots? What's the best approach to block AdPlexity, MobileAdScout, AdsXposed etc.?

Yes that is the type of script.

I have sent you a PM with a script that may help with spy tools.

Hello CashMoney, I've run a small test to see if I could detect the bot traffic.
Here is what I did:
-Set up a blank Landing page with the bot detection code
-Setup an automatic redirection from this landing page to the offer page (antivirus offer).
-Ran some traffic in PopAds.

The results are here. But I don't know if I am doing it the right way, if you could just help me with the interpretation of the results? I should look at CLICKS / LP CLICKS ratio or LP VIEWS / LP CLICKS ratio?

Here are the results: View image: Screen Shot 2016 04 28 at 3 54 32 PM.

Thanks in advance.

Hello CashMoney, I've run a small test to see if I could detect the bot traffic.
Here is what I did:
-Set up a blank Landing page with the bot detection code
-Setup an automatic redirection from this landing page to the offer page (antivirus offer).
-Ran some traffic in PopAds.

The results are here. But I don't know if I am doing it the right way, if you could just help me with the interpretation of the results? I should look at CLICKS / LP CLICKS ratio or LP VIEWS / LP CLICKS ratio?

Here are the results: View image: Screen Shot 2016 04 28 at 3 54 32 PM.

Thanks in advance.

The percentage of traffic that clicked through to your offer link is the percentage that is probably not bot traffic.

Hi again folks! Would anybody have a solution to my problem?

Recently after finding some stealth quality mobile ad agencies which happen to require Appsflyer as their tracker, I find out that Appsflyer has a requirement that in order to promote apps I don't own, direct permission to them is required from the developer in order to properly link their app with my account, thereby allowing me to promote the app on the tracker through the aff. network it was taken from. However this may be seen as a non-compete conflict with most aff. networks, since the developer (advertiser) has to know my full name and email address in order to supply it to my tracker.

I have tried every angle with Appsflyer and there seems no way around it, but in order to begin this amazing traffic quality, I need the developer to contact them with my details. Does any of you know of an aff. network with good direct CPI offers who may be willing to grant this request for me as an affiliate, or another solution? Thanks so much...

Hey Tai (@cashmoneyaffiliate), thanks for all the knowledge you are dropping in this thread.

I have a few questions after reading the whole thread:

- What's the minimum payout of an offer that you have made it work (being profitable)?

- Is it possible to make a low payout offer work in Tier 1 countries? For example, $0.80 app install, pop traffic, US.

- What's your bid strategy when launching a campaign? Bid low and keep increasing it while blacklisting variables or bid high and start decreasing it while blacklisting variables?

- Do you place a bid a little bit higher in your tracker compared to the traffic source to compensate the click loss and track costs effectively in your tracker?

- How do you isolate the effectiveness of an angle without taking into account the landing page influence?

- How can you tell that X traffic source has more quality than Y traffic source (being both the same type of traffic)? For example, how can you tell that PopAds has better traffic quality than PopCash?

- You mentioned you change domains frequently. Is there a way to know if your domain have been flagged by some browser? Would a subdomain change be sufficient or should be the whole domain?

Thanks

Last edited:
75% of the time I run SUPER aggressive landing pages so I do it in order to prevent domains getting flagged as malware or scams. Also I have had the fortune of competitors DDoS attack my domains a few times when I have not changed them around for a long time :D

Can you tell me please how long ur domains last during campaign before get flagged or detected as malware or scam?
and tell me:
Aggressive Landing page in Sweepstakes or Antiviruses which one u prefer more?

banners
Back