The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Ask Me Anything Generating conversions from Mobile Traffic

Thanks yea im just finding it hard with Pops. I believe the Winner angle has been overdone haha

Yes, it has but it dose still work under "certain circumstances" such as sending strictly Facebook traffic to a Facebook theme your a winner sweeps page (converts like crazy :) ) however this obviously requires good cloaking and accounts which is something I won't get into on a public forum.

Last edited:
Hi everybody!

I'm running nutra campaigns and now i planning my first mobile campaign. In your opinion, where do I start? I was thinking of starting mobile games apps... what do you think? Or should sweepstakes offers?

Or other?

I have not promoted many mobile game apps (I stick to sweepstakes and utilities)
If you want to do games however I would avoid the traditional 320x50 banner display and focus on full page ads however.

Thanks guy!

But with this, i have another problem. Now i'm working with native ads, but for mobile offers it's bad, because my CPC it's very high.

What traffic source you recomend for me start? (Can be APP games)

Interesting, from what I know about native ads CTR determines what your CPC will be just like most types of ad formats high CTR equals lower CPC.

Check out screens, from what I hear are a real conversion killer... Do you have any suggestions to improve the checkout process for customers purchasing a product online?

Nope not yet, but I am working on CPS product I'll be pushing heavy mobile traffic to and it's almost finished. Post this question again in a month or send me a pm and I should have a few suggestions :)

I have not promoted many mobile game apps (I stick to sweepstakes and utilities)
If you want to do games however I would avoid the traditional 320x50 banner display and focus on full page ads however.
Yeah, i read a lot of your posts here in aff fix and now i want to start with utilities! :D

Interesting, from what I know about native ads CTR determines what your CPC will be just like most types of ad formats high CTR equals lower CPC.
Yeah yeah, but in my best native ads traffic source the minimum CPC is $0.07...

What type of data do you see to determin the winning angle, winning landing page, and winning offer?

A winning angle has a high CTR (which depends on the vertical your promoting) and a good conversion rate.

For example if your promoting antivirus pin submits a good landing page CTR would be 20% to 30% or more and a good conversion rate could be anything from 3% upwards.

A winning angle has a high CTR (which depends on the vertical your promoting) and a good conversion rate.

For example if your promoting antivirus pin submits a good landing page CTR would be 20% to 30% or more and a good conversion rate could be anything from 3% upwards.
What if you have a High CTR around 50~60% but low CR? Would you say that this is the winning angle?

I'd say no. Either you're misleading or running bot traffic.
The problem is the same angle and landing page worked before but it still has high ctr but low cr.... would you still say it's either misleading and bot traffic?
Also, How do you determine bot traffic?

Have you ever had the problem where google and Facebook flags your website as dangerous? How do you solve this problem?

The problem is the same angle and landing page worked before but it still has high ctr but low cr.... would you still say it's either misleading and bot traffic?

Have you ever had the problem where google and Facebook flags your website as dangerous? How do you solve this problem?

Well, donno your current traffic source but maybe you ran out all "white traffic" and have started low quality one or it's the matter of target (users are just non relevant to what you're offering). Low CR with high CTR is always a sign that users are clicking because you've caught their attention, but don't find what they were searching for and leave. Or they are simply not users but bots.
Bot traffic is determined with 0 activity, they just click, nothing more. Try to separate sources and see, which one performes and which not. That's why maybe your site is marked as dangerous.

Here's what to do: Google Flagged My Site as Malware

The first thing you need to do when this happens is contact your affiliate manger and find out if the offer has changed somehow such as reduced cap, increased retention rate, near monthly cap, check out page change, anything at all.

Also split test the offer across different networks as you may just be getting scrubbed.

You would use a bot detection script I will be giving this script away during a Webinar for affiliate fix I'll be hosting some time this coming week hopefully if all gose to plan.

I switch domain's every week when running high volume above $500 a day + aggressive.

Last edited:
When you're talking about good CTR are you talking about AFTER optimizations (black listing placements) or before? Because bot traffic could really mess with this right? Also, are you also including scripts that increase CTR but are not necessarily "true" clicks? Like back button, timed redirects, making the whole page a link, etc?

banners
Back