The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Ask Me Anything Generating conversions from Mobile Traffic

@TrafficYoda here is my answer: it's the cold hard truth about the aff. marketing biz and be prepared, you may not like it:

In a nutshell: every campaign runs it's course. You see, each traffic source only has X number of people. Once the vast majority of people in a the specific slice of the cyber realm have already seen your offer, they get tired of it and / or have already tried it. My experiences over 9 years of aff. marketing with around 24+ ad agencies has been a CONSTANT uphill battle of re-inventing yourself and your ad campaigns - maybe 2 new ads every day, and optimizing 2-10 of them every single day.

The other major reason for traffic falling into oblivion: being outbid. This is the worst, most merciless part of this whole jig, and its' evil goes without saying. Good luck anyway! o_O
Thank you so much for your answer, In your experience when you meet this trouble how would you solve it?
Do you go for different angle? Different LP? Offer? Change the whole style?

Thank you so much for your answer, In your experience when you meet this trouble how would you solve it?
Do you go for different angle? Different LP? Offer? Change the whole style?
Well it's all about campaign optimization - for a campaign that has gotten at least 1 conversion with 1-2x ad spend versus the offer CPA price, otherwise it's toast in my book. Involving things like different text ad copy with better call-to-action words, catchier image if banner CPM traffic, changing LP, targets / keywords, bids, or scrap the whole thing and move on.

The affiliate marketing jig is really never set and forget. One should consider it challenging, rather than 'heartbreaking' by the words of @brianjrudy. You should ideally enjoy being creative... always keeping it fresh and creating new ads / new angles / adjusting bids, new traffic partners, and most definitely new affiliate networks. Otherwise if you think you can just set & forget, you'll undoubtedly wake up sometime to find the demise of your ads so far in the red you won't want to get out of bed. :rolleyes:

Unless of course you're lucky / skilled enough to have a lucrative source of free traffic such as from your own popular site or blog, then you don't have to worry about costs other than hosting. But even then optimization always helps for sure. And this is coming from someone who has probably created around 8,000 ads of numerous formats / verticals since 2005. The take home point: always keep it fresh / creative, and be prepared to optimize every day and create average 2 new ads every day.

Last edited:
Hello, does anyone know which mobile ad agency is able to do state-targeting? Also if any have a "click-to-call" function? If so, how does this agency stand in terms of ROI quality / traffic volume?

Also does anyone have an idea of ROI quality / traffic volume of Mobicow vs. Leadbolt? Thanks so much guys...

Hello guys after doing a little research, hear are the mobile ad networks that were recommended to me - some by peers, and some from the networks themselves. Would you please tell me which of these you would recommend the most - or which others are better? I'm looking to get good conversions for a low cost with a large variety of mobile ads such as CPI gaming, CPA dating, adult, etc.

Airpush, Mobicow, Leadbolt, Mobidea, Admoda, Inmobi, BuzzCity,
Byyd-tech.com (formerly Adfonic), Flash Networks (formerly Mobixell), Mojiva

Thanks so much!

I would actually recommend starting with Go2mobi if you want to begin with display traffic.

Which of the above networks has the best campaign longevity in terms of not having to replace it with a better converting campaign every other day, and is the easiest to set up? Thanks!

Campaign longevity actually depends on several things not just the traffic source but also the offer, GEO and vertical.

Hi Thank you for opening such great thread!
I hope @cashmoneyaffiliate have time to reply to my question.

Background infomation : popads.net, Sweepstakes win something, popup, mobile, nothing changed between last month and this month.

I had a green roi average about 30% last month and was trying to scale it but before I even got to the point of getting back my advertisement fund.. suddenly I am experiencing drop on conversion this month.... average Bids gone double upwards on my RON campaign which caused my campaign go negative ROI again...and my targeted campaign that have been doing well over 30% are experiencing lack of conversions again gone negative ROI... Have you ever experienced something like this?

In your experience what would be the reason for sudden drop of ROI?

What is your next step to solve this problem?

Thank you love to hear back from you fast as possible

Yes, this has usually been to the competition duplicating my campign and bidding against me for the same placements. My advice to you would be to first speak to your AM about a pay bump on the offer and secondly test the same campign out on similar traffic sources.

Next time you should focus on scaling out the campign as quickly as possible across as many networks as possible.

hello !! i have 2 questions please:

1-What do you think of ads in this network<StartApp> for cpi mobille offers and what are the countries that come the greatest conversion rate in this network

2-What do you think for this network<worldleads.com> for cpi offers . do you its Reliable

I am not a fan of startapp any more and have not used them in a long time as I have found the the volume is not much and there traffic is over priced now.

I have not tried out worldleads.com before.

Hello, does anyone know which mobile ad agency is able to do state-targeting? Also if any have a "click-to-call" function? If so, how does this agency stand in terms of ROI quality / traffic volume?

Also does anyone have an idea of ROI quality / traffic volume of Mobicow vs. Leadbolt? Thanks so much guys...

The only one that comes to mind right away is Adwords but getting stuff approved on there is always an issue.

Mobicow has better quality but not alot volume, leadbolt has a bit more volume but poor quality.

My other two pet peev's in this whole aff. marketing business would be oversaturated ad-spaces and illegitimate traffic

Before running a campign especially on mobile display and pops best to run a bot detection script and block out the IDs with huge bot traffic before even starting your campign will save you tons.

Last edited:
Hey CMA,

I'm new in mobile cpa marketing. I have clickdealer account. But don't know where to to start my mobile cpa journey. Currently i just promoting desktop offer. Suggest me where and how can i start promoting mobile offers?

Thanks

Favourite mobile spy tool is?

Adplexity
tr

Before running a campign especially on mobile display and pops best to run a bot detection script and block out the IDs with huge bot traffic before even starting your campign will save you tons.
Sorry I'm still new to the mobile marketing scene, so would you mind telling me:
By "bot detection script", do you mean a mobile spy tool? And how would one possibly go about doing such on a mobile network they don't have access to it on a PC? (feel free to reply by PM instead)

And when you say "certain exchanges perform better than others", what is meant by "exchanges"?

Last edited:
Sorry I'm still new to the mobile marketing scene, so would you mind telling me:
By "bot detection script", do you mean a mobile spy tool? And how would one possibly go about doing such on a mobile network they don't have access to it on a PC? (feel free to reply by PM instead)

And when you say "certain exchanges perform better than others", what is meant by "exchanges"?

The bot detection is all based on the CTR (click through rate). What this script does is really simple: it uses Javascript to automatically redirect visitors to your landing page out script after 300ms. Humans (who can run Javascript and cant react in less than 300ms) will be recorded as clickthroughs, and bots won’t.

This method of detecting bot traffic and finding bot traffic free placements unfortunately can not be run on a live campaign it is essentially a prospecting approach for new traffic sources to find out from the of set what placements and carries are just worth cutting straight away. You can still run an offer with this method but it must be direct linked.

On some DSPs like Go2mobi you can choose the traffic exchange you want to run your campaign on a few you can choose from are smaato, appnexus, mobfox and OpenX.

Last edited:
MI
Back