The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Ask Me Anything Generating conversions from Mobile Traffic

Hey mate, appreciate you taking the time.

Had a few questions -

1) How many banners and angles do you start out with initially to test? Do you generally throw up something quick on a few premade templates to get a quick feel, or do you start deeper with a wider variety of angles/template designs?

2) From spying around it seems a decent amount of affiliates are using compliant banners and non compliant landers for app installs and a few pins. Do you usually try to compete with these guys with compliant stuff or would you think it better to DMR with the more aggressive angles? It seems like some offers, like WhatsApp, for example convert at a much much higher clip with a more aggressive/non-compliant angle used.

3) How important is traffic source to a campaign making money? Would you recommend sticking to one traffic source until you know it well, or going more the shotgun approach with a proven offer on 10+ sources?

4) I'm currently running oCPM campaigns with inMobi and am having trouble getting much traction there. Volume seems to come in and out and I'm not sure if oCPM is the best place to start for my campaigns there. Would you recommend initially testing campaigns on this source? Or going to smaller DSPs and scaling up once you've found the winning banners/landers?

Apologies for the wall of text, a few of these have been on my mind for a while now.

Cheers!

Hi CMA,

Do you use double meta refresh for all your lander in mobile?
Can you still get 10% CTR for sweepstakes lander when using double meta refresh?

Thanks.

Hi CMA, what happened to the mobile immersion are? The site is down, just a godaddy parked page

Hey mate, appreciate you taking the time.

Had a few questions -

1) How many banners and angles do you start out with initially to test? Do you generally throw up something quick on a few premade templates to get a quick feel, or do you start deeper with a wider variety of angles/template designs?

2) From spying around it seems a decent amount of affiliates are using compliant banners and non compliant landers for app installs and a few pins. Do you usually try to compete with these guys with compliant stuff or would you think it better to DMR with the more aggressive angles? It seems like some offers, like WhatsApp, for example convert at a much much higher clip with a more aggressive/non-compliant angle used.

3) How important is traffic source to a campaign making money? Would you recommend sticking to one traffic source until you know it well, or going more the shotgun approach with a proven offer on 10+ sources?

4) I'm currently running oCPM campaigns with inMobi and am having trouble getting much traction there. Volume seems to come in and out and I'm not sure if oCPM is the best place to start for my campaigns there. Would you recommend initially testing campaigns on this source? Or going to smaller DSPs and scaling up once you've found the winning banners/landers?

Apologies for the wall of text, a few of these have been on my mind for a while now.

Cheers!

Normally 3 angles and 6 banners 2 for each angle.

I will throw up something quick to get an idea of what type of potential the campaign might have as I have a good understanding of what type of landing pages work with most mobile verticals now.

I always split test compliant banners and landing pages vs non-compliant ones.

If the difference in ROI between my complaint banners and landing pages vs my non-compliant ones is not much I will focus on pushing the complaint stuff.

I like to stick to one traffic source at a time, but I know affiliates who are doing very well with the shotgun approach.

I think it depends on the affiliate but if you're just starting out in mobile i would strongly recommend sticking to one source.

If you're new to mobile and depending your budget I would suggest starting with a smaller DSP and scaling up to inMobi (Yeah there traffic is very up and down)

Last edited:
Hey cashmoneyaffiliate, do you know if it works to not use a landing page and direct link if you are running interstitials?

Directing linking with interstitials has never worked for me and the click discrepancy on the affiliate network side has always been worse whenever I have tested direct linking with interstitials.

Hey CMA,

Just a question on offer selection. In order to generate big revenues, what type of minimum payouts do you steer clear of? Secondly, how much do you spend testing an offer?

Thanks in advance. (Lots more questions to come! :) )

Hey CMA,

Just a question on offer selection. In order to generate big revenues, what type of minimum payouts do you steer clear of? Secondly, how much do you spend testing an offer?

Thanks in advance. (Lots more questions to come! :) )

I don't necessarily steer clear of low payout offers, I will promote a low payout offer if it has potential and i know i can get a MASSIVE amount of cheap traffic for whatever GEO the advertiser wants traffic from.

I mostly focus on pin submit offers and test these offers using 3x the offer payout per angle so for example if the offer pays out $5 and I am testing 2 angles I will spend $30 on testing the offer.

If the offer has a low payout i will times the pay out by 10 and spend that much testing each angle. For example if a offer pays $0.50 it would be 0.50x10 so I would spend $5 testing each angle.

If one has to start with Mobile marketing today, which traffic source would you advice to go for ? which is not very hard on getting LP/ADs approval and traffic is converting one.

Hey CMA.

Looking forward to meeting you at the meetup.

I've just started running WA campaigns on Plugrush, and I have found that the CTR are extremely low to what I am use to (normally run anti-virus) I haven't run any campaigns on PR before but why do you think the CTR is so low ( were talking 1-2%) were Im use to 20% Is this simply becuase I need to build up the data and kill the bad placements, or am I doing something really stupid?

Hey CMA.

Looking forward to meeting you at the meetup.

I've just started running WA campaigns on Plugrush, and I have found that the CTR are extremely low to what I am use to (normally run anti-virus) I haven't run any campaigns on PR before but why do you think the CTR is so low ( were talking 1-2%) were Im use to 20% Is this simply becuase I need to build up the data and kill the bad placements, or am I doing something really stupid?

Yes, you will need to block many, many bad placements on plugrush so keep a close on eye on the
targets sending you traffic.

Also the mobile redirect traffic is far superior to the mobile pop traffic.

I would also suggest adding a intro pop to your landing page.

See you at the meetup mate.

You have said you have done well with voucher offers that are soi, but don't these offers scrub hard like regular email submits? Also, what mobile network do you suggest for these kind of offers? I assume its going to be some pop up ad network. thanks

banners
Back