The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Funnel with Rotating offers and sending the right follow up messages

dataspeaks

affiliate
Hi All,

Planning a funnel with Aweber as the autoresoponder like so:

Landing/subscribe-page --> successful subscription --> Rotator --> will show either one of product A, B or C as the "custom URL".

If product A is shown, I would like to trigger email follow-up series A (or campaign A), and similarly if product B is shown, follow-up series B (or campaign B) is shown and similarly for product C.

I know that tags could be used with Aweber campaigns but I can't figure out how to apply tags A, B, and C on the same landing page such that when the rotator sends the subscriber to product A, then email follow-ups for product A will subsequently be sent. Likewise, if the rotator sends the subscriber to product C, then email follow-ups for product C will be sent.

What do you folks do or would you test offers in funnels in this way?

Thanks!

Code:
URL/file.php?f=1 &f=2 &f=3 &f=4
PHP:
$funnelVAR=$_GET['f'];

if($funnelVAR ==1) {"...";}
   elseif($funnelVAR ==2) {"...";}
      elseif($funnelVAR ==3) {"...";}
         elseif($funnelVAR ==4) {"...";}
            else{'some default action';}
The usual way :D

Hi Greybeard,

Thanks for sharing your method with the use of the PHP code. :)

I reckon the code functions as a conditional URL rotator script that allows me to rotate multiple offers?
Not too sure how this would work such that if offer X is shown, the subscriber will be routed (or tagged) to email follow-up series for offer X.

The folks at Aweber suggested:
1. To create several sign up forms (each associated with a specific tag), and then you could generate a split test.
2. Once the split test is generated, some HTML code could be embedded on the website and this enables one to set up different Campaigns based on the sign up form that somebody would see.

My thoughts: The method suggested by Aweber means that if I wanted to rotate N-number of offers, I would need to set to N-number of sign-up forms and email follow-up series ....

Maybe one way is to start with 3 sign-up forms for 3 products first, split test these with 3 different email follow-ups, see how sales go and then replace poorest performing product with a fourth..... rinse and repeat... ?

Anyways, thanks again! :):cool::)

I reckon the code functions as a conditional URL rotator script that allows me to rotate multiple offers?
Not too sure how this would work such that if offer X is shown, the subscriber will be routed (or tagged) to email follow-up series for offer X.

Yes basically. the URL query parameter ?f=1-4 is the destination page.
You could just do random too
PHP:
<?php

$page = (rand(1,4));
echo $page . "\n";
more or less random --not exact

Usually, you want to rotate on a set value or by some GEO or by a user demographic

I am currently using this to send to the right page for a campaign variable
us5.xxx.zone/12345/?cid=1005

PHP:
43 if($campaign == 1001){
44 print "<script>";
45 print " self.location= '$campaign.php?tidCode=' + '$tidCode';";
46 print "</script>";

51         }
52 elseif($campaign == 1002){
53 print "<script>";
54 print " self.location= 'read/$campaign.php?tidCode=' + '$tidCode';";
55 print "</script>";
57         }
59 elseif($campaign == 1003){
60 print "<script>";
61 print " self.location= 'battery/$campaign.php?tidCode=' + '$tidCode';";

64 print "</script>";
66         }

69 //begin 2000 series
70 elseif($campaign == 2001){
71 print "<script>";
72 print " self.location= 'other/$campaign.php?tidCode=' + '$tidCode';";

75 print "</script>";
77         }

88 else{echo "invalid ref";}

Then the email signup for the page loaded would be the function of a form script unique to each page. that could be in PHP or HTML.

Using a scripting (interpreter) like PHP, there are others too, you could make an event log tp track that
user, entered, the page forwarder to, the email form submit (if completed by the user), you could then send the email data to AEWeber or whoever.
Some signup payouts will only accept direct submissions by users (for security and abuse reasons however)

Last edited:
banners
Back