The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Free stock photos?

S

SkinnerW

Can anyone recommend where to find good selections of stock photos for free download?

I am particularly interested in pictures of doctors and medical personnel...

Thanks!

I SERIOUSLY recommend you buy them from I stock photo or the like. Copyrighted Getty images are being displayed on many royalty free sites illegally and many hthousands of people are getting nailed by Getty for huge amounts of money.

You can buy images for $1 each or less, so it is not worth the risk IMO.

I agree with OWG. I downloaded a bunch from stock xchange, only to find them on Corbis at a later date.

Often the sites don't have any comeback, so what I do is search for CC for commercial/modifyable on flickr. That way, if it is a stolen image, flickr and yahoo have record on who uploaded it.

sxc.hu is my stock site of preferance. The problem with buyimg images is that if your like me and use them for edits you dont always use the hoto - so it'd be a waste of money1

Just so you know the score, I am currently helping some people who have been charged £7500, £27,000 & £5000 for illegal use of getty images that were in a site that they PAID a webdesign freelancer to build, or simply got them from a royalty free site.

BEWARE!

I don't mind paying. The problem is like Xhan said - I need 2-3 images to make a header for the website. I found some images that I could use on Jupiter but they want $50 for low resolution web image...

This is insane!

I SERIOUSLY recommend you buy them from I stock photo or the like. Copyrighted Getty images are being displayed on many royalty free sites illegally and many hthousands of people are getting nailed by Getty for huge amounts of money.

You can buy images for $1 each or less, so it is not worth the risk IMO.

I agree with OWG http://www.istockphoto.com try there $1 bin and you get a licence key with each image you download, so no comes backs at a later date.

Mike :)

Just so that you understand how getty & Corbis find their images I will make a brief pst.

Regardsless of how you edit the image etc, they embed code in the makeup of the image. So you can crop it, change the format etc but it STILL has the data inbuilt to it even if yu save it as part of another image (apparently) . Getty & Corbis use the services of picscout, a spider that runs around the web finding images and matching them to URL's. if they find you don't have a licence, then you are in trouble.

So be aware, big bro is watching :(

MI
Back