The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Free Amazon AWS and my $500 mistake

seneca

Hi everyone

I've tried Amazon AWS service. I thought, why not it is free and I don't need to buy VPS.

1- Good Part

So, I tested one static html to test, so far so good, everything is free, easy and fast.

How about wordpress site? Well, just two clicks away and everything is good.

2 - Not so good
I've tried wordpress "out of box", a couple of clicks away... :)

But, for some reason my region didn't have some server or something like that. So, I just selected a different one "Why not" it's free.

And my wordpress was up and running..........:D

But after only 6 day my bill was 500 buck :mad:, yep..............

Because my serve was not in my region. Amazon it no clear about that it says free (maybe somewhere), but I couldn't find it.

Conclusion

I managed to wave the $500 (sent an "please help me email" for support guys)

This was my fault, and no way Amazon's, but sometimes free is very expensive.

I guess it's better to have a 10 bucks VPS, still 10 bucks than free for 500 a month.

We can google many problems related to Amazon overcharging, some people go for free to 5000k in 2 days, another guy 50k :eek: "hacking"

I am not saying don't try Amazon Web, but just be careful. :cool:

Cheers,

Hi everyone

I've tried Amazon AWS service. I thought, why not it is free and I don't need to buy VPS.

1- Good Part

So, I tested one static html to test, so far so good, everything is free, easy and fast.

How about wordpress site? Well, just two clicks away and everything is good.

2 - Not so good
I've tried wordpress "out of box", a couple of clicks away... :)

But, for some reason my region didn't have some server or something like that. So, I just selected a different one "Why not" it's free.

And my wordpress was up and running..........:D

But after only 6 day my bill was 500 buck :mad:, yep..............

Because my serve was not in my region. Amazon it no clear about that it says free (maybe somewhere), but I couldn't find it.

Conclusion

I managed to wave the $500 (sent an "please help me email" for support guys)

This was my fault, and no way Amazon's, but sometimes free is very expensive.

I guess it's better to have a 10 bucks VPS, still 10 bucks than free for 500 a month.

We can google many problems related to Amazon overcharging, some people go for free to 5000k in 2 days, another guy 50k :eek: "hacking"

I am not saying don't try Amazon Web, but just be careful. :cool:

Cheers,

As with everything, "free" always comes at a price of some sort.

Amazon's AWS platform is simply fabulous. But it is very complex to wrap your head around it. Once you do, more often than not it comes out much cheaper than the vast majority out there.

Definitely NOT intended for newbies

banners
Back