The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Follow me in my Journey

mindxaker

affiliate
Hello everyone ;)
I've spent last month in learning of Aff. marketing basis. Before today I've complete 2-3 little campaings, they were break-even, so I think it's not bad result for first time. After that, I've decided to do it "serious". My budget is about 1k$.

So I've launched my first serious push campaings.

Tracker: Keitaro
Traffic Source: ZeroPark
GEO: UK
Vertical: Sweeps
1 offer: SOI with 1.3$ Payout
2 offer: SOI with 1.3$ Payout
3 offer: SOI with 2$ Payout

I've decided to not use prelanders, cause offer links are short surveys with nice design. It can be my first mistake, cause first day results are very frustrating.
9Auhlji.png

My second mistake, i think is high CPC. My bid is about 0.071$ for the click. In that reason my daily budget had ended in 2 hours after the start. Daily budget I've count by that formula: 3x Payout * № of Creos.
QOJVhcU.png

All creos CTR is about 0.25%. I've tried to make a flow of creative and offer lander. I think lander logically ends creo title.

So, here are my first day results by campaign:
2AlzRa7.png

I have only 3 conversions and 80$ loss :confused:

As you see, I need your thoughts and advices. Can it become break-even at least? What are my mistakes?

Last edited:
Hi Ilya!

First of all, I'm glad you start journey =) I think it's right decision

But regarding campaigns:
1. Yes, I think it's very unlikely you can get good results without prelanders, especially in such competetive geo. You should find some and set them up
2. I think mistake is not in high bid. You have choosen quite expensive geo, so you should be ready to pay much =) Or choose another geo.
I don't think you should decrease bid, because you will then get another traffic, plobably less converting. That's why it will be a good idea to check cheaper geo, it will allow you to spread you daily budget through the all day

So, I think you should use prelanders and find another geo =)

Hi Ilya!

First of all, I'm glad you start journey =) I think it's right decision

But regarding campaigns:
1. Yes, I think it's very unlikely you can get good results without prelanders, especially in such competetive geo. You should find some and set them up
2. I think mistake is not in high bid. You have choosen quite expensive geo, so you should be ready to pay much =) Or choose another geo.
I don't think you should decrease bid, because you will then get another traffic, plobably less converting. That's why it will be a good idea to check cheaper geo, it will allow you to spread you daily budget through the all day

So, I think you should use prelanders and find another geo =)

Hi, man

Thank you for reply!
I think you're right about plelanders and Geo. I think i should find another offers.

So, I've decided to focus on one vertical and take a few new offers. But I didn't decide which vertical yet...
That's why I'm looking for new Affiliate Network.

My criterias are:
  • Min. payment from 50$ (cause I don't have much budget)
  • Newbie-friendly support
  • Not necessary: russian speaking managers
My main traffic source is still PUSH (ZeroPark, PropellerAds).

Are you living in(or from) the UK?
Do you understand that market well?

Why have you chosen SOI? The least path of resistance is the most overused ;)

Hey mindxaker, I'd like to add my 2 cents.

1: Are you using a spy tool to make sure the offers you're running are run by other affiliates?

2: I wouldn't start with a T1 GEO simply because CPC will be WAY higher than with say T2-T3 GEOs, especially if you're just starting out.

3: If I was going to run what you're running I would stick with offer 2 and pause the other 2. Run it for a few more days and see if any site ID's are chewing your budget with no conversions then pause it. Same with OS etc..

4: I first started a similar thing to what you're doing. I started running random offers that 'looked good', payouts were low as, and I only had a couple of conversions with $100 spend...and this was with using a LP. It would have cost me thousands to weed out all the bad site id's, and after all that probably not enough volume to scale. Not to mention split testing different LP's/offers. So be 100% sure that the offer you're running is already being run

5: What is your affiliate network? I started with Mobidea, I've got nothing against them, but all the offers I tried converted very poorly. The best I got was -80% ROI.

6: Have you thought about running higher payout offers? The thing that changed my game was running higher payout COD offers. If you don't know what they are, look them up on this forum, there's a few push notification case studies running these type of offers. They convert WAYYY better than any over saturated sweeps offers, the traffic is 10x cheaper (if using push traffic) and payouts 10x higher...just a thought :)

7: Don't give up!

Hi Mindxaker,

If you are brand new to online marketing I wouldn't recommend paid ads. You can lose a lot money real quick. Especially when your starting with a budget of $1000.

I would recommend trying FREE traffic methods like YouTube, Facebook groups, etc.

That's what I did at the start.

Hello, Friends! You all are right. I'm continuing my attemps. I've lost about 300$, but you know I'm really happy of that. I loved aff marketing much more. Now I'm trying with COD offers, and after 1 week of tests, I've got low but positive ROI. Tomorrow I will write a big post about my last few weeks ;)

Hello, Friends! You all are right. I'm continuing my attemps. I've lost about 300$, but you know I'm really happy of that. I loved aff marketing much more. Now I'm trying with COD offers, and after 1 week of tests, I've got low but positive ROI. Tomorrow I will write a big post about my last few weeks ;)

Looking forward to it, it's usually best to keep journeys updated consistently for people who are following. Even if you are losing cash - someone may give you some tips and you may turn it around ;)

Sounding good though and I am glad you are seeing some green, keep at it!

Soooo. Have you been waiting for this? :)
ParchedSeparateDwarfmongoose-small.gif

First of all, I wanna say, that it's very difficult for me to express all my thoughts in English. If it were Russian, the post would be 3 times longer. :rolleyes:

So, more than a month has passed since I practice affiliate marketing. I've changed a few aff. networks, traffic sources and even trackers.

Vertical
I've decided to work with only one vertical for now. It's COD. 'Cause it's never dies, campaigns are more continuous. It can be harder to work with them, but as @Graybeard said: The least path of resistance is the most overused. (Are you a jedi man?). So, I've chosen COD.

Affiliate network
Since I've decided to work with COD offers I had to look for a new aff. network. After talking to several managers I've stopped at 2: AdCombo and Dr.Cash. Their managers Yernar and Maxim are very helpful and friendly. Another reasons are: low min. payment, weekly payments and huge amount of offers.

Traffic Source
I want to say my opinion about ZeroPark. I think it's great traffic source, BUT only if you have large amount of money. Their volume is huge. A lot of sources, targets. Nice managers. But you should have at least 2k$. IMHO.
In any case, after I chose COD and talked to my managers ZeroPark became useless for me 'cause my offers are adult.

Trackers
Over the past month I have tried a number of trackers. Just a month ago, I did not understand anything in hosting, postbacks, tokens. Now I can configure almost any tracker with my eyes closed :ninja:. So I've tried Voluum, AdsBridge, Keitaro, Bemob, Landingtrack, RedTrack and one free Wordpress plugin (can't remember the name). After several days on each I've stopped on bemob. It's cheaper, has great functionality and cute support (hello Daria ;)). Cons.: Ugly design and the absence of any mobile optimization.

I'm a little overwhelmed my brain by translating this. So, the next part will be after few hours. It will be about ROI, tests, results, mistakes and conclustions. Stay tuned.

P.S.: I do not advertise any of the above. This is just my opinion.

Last edited:
Hey Mindxaker,

First of all, I wanna say, that it's very difficult for me to express all my thoughts in English. If it were Russian, the post would be 3 times longer. :rolleyes:

Your English is very good, and your posts long enough ;) How's it going with your journey? How did you like ZeroPark? I see a lot of "COD" offers on Push ads and native. How did it work out on Zeropark?

Looking forward for updates!

When you say COD is that because of the GEO's you are working in?

I have worked successfully with Credit Card transactions for years in 'adult' with Tier1 & some Tier2 --however it is very competitive and there are problems with 'the scrub': anti-fraud and cherry picking, credit card declines and chargebacks.

The adult entertainment, and less than reputable products (read: penis pills), are considered "high-risk" by bank and payment processors so there are always 'issues'. Also buying advertising is a problem, as you say above ...

Last edited:
Hello Mindxaker,

Really happy to see you working on your first campaigns, I keep my fingers crossed!

Glad that you gave a try to ZeroPark, it's good to hear that you liked ZeroPark traffic quality.
Something worth mentioning is that you can get unlimited ZeroPark tracking for free with Voluum tracker. That is a great money saver when it comes to a larger amount of events. Worth considering.

Regarding you AdCombo, it's super easy to set it up with Voluum as it has ready to go template.

If you ever have some questions about tracking solution or ZeroPark traffic just give shout to my colleague Andrew on Skype: live:andrew_27754

Good luck!

I checked out your account and links and i can say that it is really good
i am sure success is waiting for you behind the corner
wish you luck and perhaps I will use your service once

There is some good information here. Is there any kind of update (I know there has been quite some time since last update)? Thanks.

banners
Back