The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Flash question (Resolved)

detoam

affiliate
Hi there!
I have a flash banner I am inserting into my forum's head. The banner is text file driven. That means that all the links in the banner and the logo are controlled through a separate text file. I host the banner on one site, but the forum is on the other. The banner show just fine, but I don't see any text. Does anyone know why?
Thank You.
Regards.
Sergey "detoam" Agapov.

Sorry. Never mind. I forgot that flash movies have a restriction on availability. I haven't checked whether it was set on local access only or the Network access. It was set on the local only.

Last edited by a moderator:
May be code in the banner that is pointing to the text file does not have absolute url in it. Banner may be looking for this text file on the forum server...

May be code in the banner that is pointing to the text file does not have absolute url in it. Banner may be looking for this text file on the forum server...

I think he said that his problem resolved SkinnerW. (He edited his post)

DON.

Actually the flash and the text file were on the same server, but because it's security was set that the banner was only for local use it would show itself on the other site, but would not allow anything else. I am not sure how it works, but I've encountered that before. It's a prevention against hot linking.

MI
Back