10. Visitflorida.com $186 000
  11. Commerce.com $180 000
  12. Beef.com $150 000
  13. IQTest.de $147 635
  14. TourismAustralia.com $146 200
  15. SexLontakte.de $141 175
  16. Mr.com $125 000
Last updated 30 August 2004

Didn't sex.com go for much more than the #1 slot? Or are we speaking of mainstream e-commerce only?

Oh wait, geez, I don't want this to turn into some, "Adult" discussion lol. :shock:

Paul

Paul,
sex.com is a domain name so I will be happy to incluide it but I do not know how much it was sold for, I know about all the lawsuite etc, so how much was it sold for?
Temi

I have no idea on the exact amount.

I know it was a lot though.

I just went there and it's nothing but a link/spam farm. :roll:

Paul

Ummm,
If I own that domain name I will be selling sub domains/folders, for example for £100 a year you can have a sub domain called: withme . In that sub domain you can have a folder called: /withme/ :)

Maybe

Good ideea, but having in mind that maybe that domain could cost some milion of USD, I think that you will have to sell a lot's of subdomains :). Maybe will be better to buyit build a site increase the value of the domain + site and in 1 year you can sold the domain + site and take a lots of money. Who knows maybe one day the domain that today cost 1 milion USD will cost nothing...who knows wath will be with the internet. So I think that will be better to buyit and then sell it. :)

Ovi

pinyo,
I found them on the web somewhere I don't remember exactly where but I remember finding about 3 or 4 at Guinness books of world records website.
If you go go: guinnessworldrecords.com
and do a search for: Most Expensive Internet Domain Name , you will find some , other can be found at domain name brokers websites.

Temi

Hm... do u guys have any idea how much the domain "www.exxon-mobil.com, www.exxonmobil" cost? Cause I heard some time ago, when there were rumors about exxon and mobil were going to fusion, a Korean registered that domain (s) and made millions.

But I don't think he could have sold that because of copyright protection for exxon and mobil, I could be wrong though.

Yo termi, culd u give us the latest update of the most expensive domain manes?????

a company my father worked for paid more for their domain name than number 10. im guessing the one he works for now paid more than that also.

Hello

Here is a list, I hope that is up to date:

Business.com – $7.5 million
AsSeenOnTv.com – $5.1 million
Altavista.com – $3.3 million
Wine.com – $2.9 million
Autos.com – $2.2 million

Regards,
Ovi

America.com $10 million
Business.com $8 million
AsSeenOnTv.com $5.1 million
Altavista.com $3.3 million
Wine.com $2.9 million
Banks.com (speculated £1m GBP)
Autos.com $2.2 million
Express.com $1.8 million
Wallstreet.com $1m
Rock.com $1m
Websites.com $970,000
Drugs.com $830,000
Website.com $750,000

There will also be thousands with unpublished figures. You would have to trawl through submited tax records to find them and it really isn't worth the effort :)

And the following are currently for sale in the UK:

$1,700,000 for Business-uk.com
$3,400,000 for Businessplc.com
$2,500,000 for Lawyersplc.com
$1,700,000 for Pix.com
$250,000 for Shopforless.com

Last but not least, you are all WAY out $40million is the most (if you get technical about it):
The most expensive domain name ever sold was that of the island Tuvalu. It has the top-level domain name tv. This was alledgedly sold to verisign for $40million

MI
Back