The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

First sweepstake campaign: landing or not?

Traste

Hi,

I got approval from my AM (Mundomedia) to run a sweepstake campaign. He said I can use direct linking, but I see everyone uses landings, and I get the point (better CR).

However, this offer is a 3 steps form, so the user needs to click like:

1. Are you from the UK?
2. Do you buy online?
3. Another question

So, if I use a landing one extra step will be added. I guess my landers should have a clear CTA, instead of questions. I've been spying on the competitors (Adsexposed, WRW, etc.) and they use landings that also have 3 questions. For me, that does not make sense, unless they can link to the direct form where the name/email fields are (last step).

Anyway, I'm going to test 2 different landers and direct linking (although this way I can't measure CTR). Thanks!

At first, many things won¡t make sense but you gotta trust your data.

Do what you said. Test a few landers and also test direct linked and see what works better so you can get the best results for your offer.

Use a lander that has multiple questions and use another one that has just a clear CTA. And run the campaign with enough budget to gather data and see what works best :)

Thanks, @servandosilva. That's just what I'm doing. I still don't have enough data to start adjusting (problems with the offer itself, my AM is fixing it). However, something I do believe now is that a lander always helps you optimize faster since you have the CTR. If not, I need to wait for my conversions to grow enough to be data representative.

banners
Back