The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“FunnelFlux  Zeydoo

Final Job Interview tomorrow need advice

Philosophian

Hi Everyone,
I have a third and final interview for an affiliate manager position with a fairly large e-tailer and I don't know what to expect. They obviously like me, but I have never managed an affiliate program before and I know they would like to find someone with experience. Based on all that I know about the company and the history of the position I think if I do well tomorrow I'll get it, but I was hoping someone might stop in and offer some advice. What should I make sure to highlight to the COO in my interview tomorrow? What do you think he wants to see/hear from me?
Thank you in advance, if I get the job I'll make sure to return the favor here on the forums.

Voluum

Linda Buquet

Affiliate
affiliate
Hi Philosophian,

I've been coaching you by phone and PM about this job. I really think you've done all you can to set yourself up in a positive light. I think if it's meant to be you'll get it. 3rd interview is a pretty strong sign! Congrats!

Best of Luck!

Anyone have any tips for Philosophian?

Philosophian

Thank you Linda

I just wanted to publicly thank you for the time you spent with me on the phone. After speaking with you I definitely felt more confident going in to the first Interview and I think that confidence contributed greatly to getting me this far. I'll be sure to post back and let everyone know how it turns out. I leave in about 1.5 hours so if anyone posts before I leave I'll be checking. Wish me luck everybody :)

Philosophian

I didn't get the job

They had me come back yesterday for a third interview during which they shared with me that they had a candidate who had been running an affiliate program even larger than theirs (which is already several million at least) and I found out today that they are going with the experienced candidate. While I am disappointed, the entire experience was a positive one and I feel good to be finally getting back in the game. I think the CEO wanted me as he came right out and told me the other guy didn't have a lot of the qualities I possess not the least of which is intellect, but the decision was the director's whom was leaning toward the experienced candidate. I respect the man for letting the hiring manager make the decision, but I know from experience that the best business leaders lean towards hiring the brightest not the most experienced and for all I know about this company and this position specifically I think they made the wrong choice. Oh well, I left it cordial.

Have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year everyone!

banners