The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Alby2022

affiliate
Hi All,

After some advice and feedback please.

Been involved in affiliate marketing on and off for a number of years, so not a complete noob (had to ensure that didn’t autocorrect :) Been on both sides of the fence as a publisher and advertiser, so have some experience etc. Anyway, the reason for this post was to ask for some feedback, guidance from a thriving knowledgable Affiliate marketing community, and for which I would be very grateful.

I have set up an EV (Electric vehicle) local area directory, UK based and am looking at potentially setting up an affiliate scheme for this resource. The EV space is very much on trend and growing exponentially. The EV directory has been professionally built, is user friendly and has been pre filled with over 10k basic listings, covering the whole of the UK and all EV sectors, cars, bikes, chargers etc. I cannot add a link to the directory as not got enough posts.

The listings are currently basic listings, just name and address, with geo loc, via Google maps. The enhanced/claimed listing is the paid listing and includes far more additional information, eg phone, website, description, imagery, lead forms etc. We have had a several sales, already as it only went live over a month ago. We currently do FB ads etc and organic social media. Our USP is that when a listing is enhanced or claimed, we actively promote the listing in their specific geo location, to ensure that they receive traffic and highly targeted EV leads.

The potential affiliate option is to recruit affiliates to obtain paid/enhanced listings, for which a significant comms would be paid.

My question is: does this forum and its members think that have an affiliate scheme on a UK based EV directory is a viable offer/option?

Have you been an affiliate of a directory previously? How did it work out? Any issues?

Essentially I need to find out, as much as possible, if this is a viable option, as I will need to develop the site further to enable me to offer as an affiliate product, which has costs involved. So really just want to see what you guys think and get some feedback before committing to the additional costs.

Thanks for your time and consideration, its very much appreciated.

Alan

MI
Back