The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Famous brands ?

Misak Topchiyan

affiliate
Hello.I am new to affiliate marketing and this is my first post here,so excuse me if my question is a little stupid.I want to ask you what is your opinion on selling famous brands?For example I want to sell electric toothbrush.The most famous one is Philips Sonicare.So should I try to sell famous brand like Philips or it is better to try to sell not so famous brands?And if not can someone explain why not.My question is in general.Should we sell famous brands or try not to?

1. Name brands have authorized retailers or authorized reseller networks usually -- not stand alone affiliate programs or are vendors in affiliate networks.
  2. There are restrictions usually passed through by the reseller in SEM keyword bidding (AdWords, et al.) in any branded offer.
  3. There are usually special terms applied to using brand's name in any advertising or even website copy so even any SEO is unlikely.
  4. You can offer (market) a name brand perhaps through Amazon or another aggregating and authorized reseller affiliate program but the CPA commission is rather small.
You can't just signup for "the Phillips Affiliate Program."

Yes,I am speaking about offering name brands through Amazon.Writing a review on my site and sending them to Amazon.I think that is legal,but is it worth it or it is better to advertise not famous brands?
P.S. : I am only asking about amazon associates program.

I would offer both: price and brand -- stressing (comparing) value.

I agree.

I've seen lots of ads over the years that draw people with headlines like, "Little Known Razor Beats Phillips at Half the Price," or "Acme vs Phillips, Who's the Winner," "Are You a Die-Hard Phillips Man? Then This Will Shock You!" stuff like that. Those are exaggerations (sound like titles from 2009, or The National Enquirer) and headlines have always been a weak point for me but you get the idea, OP.

Do 'em up separately, do 'em up together as a comparison, or pit one against the other.

Sure, but your share in any sale %? It's an EPC thing if you sell enough at 3% it might add up.

As for me, I buy Amazon Prime and normally direct from them with no affiliate involvement.

Years ago I recall doing well with Disney Video Subscriptions when I did some of the old LinkShare ( now Rakuten LinkShare). Well, Disney discontinued the program.

LinkShare also had discount coupons from well known retailers who sold name brands. There is value in selling a branded item. Mainly trust in the good name of the brand. However, your renumeration is usually low -- it's a trade off.

Again, It's an EPC thing if you sell enough at 3% it might add up.

I would offer both: price and brand -- stressing (comparing) value.

banners
Back