The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Facebook Boost Post tracking setup, please help!

007dutchy

Hi,

Wow, that tracking stuff is really frustrating..
I am trying Adsbridge but it will probably work the same in any tracker.

This is what I want to track:
- Facebook Boost Post Ad
- In the post is a link to my website (Don't want a tracking URL in there, looks weird)
- On my website(Also SEO traffic) there is a link to 1 Clickbank product

The only thing I really want to track is which adset is performing, so clicking through to the CB product and buying the product.
Can I use the FB tracking option for this?
FBtrackingoptions.JPG

Please keep it simple as I am a rookie in this field...;-)

Thanks for your help!!

Hi - given the fact that the same page you are promoting is receiving organic and paid traffic, I would recommend using the following tactic. This feature only exists in trackingdesk, so not sure it will work with other trackers.

1. Instead of "boosting" the post, create a specific campaign/adset/ad in which you put a tracking link, redirecting to the blog post.
- The links to your clickbank product should be trackingdesk call to action URL's.
- Any conversion coming from these ads will be associated with the campaign/post boost.

2. In order to track organic traffic / seo you should do the following
- Create a traffic source - yourblogname
- Add the post's URL as a landing page and define the number of call to actions (number of products you promote on this page)
- Create a campaign - select yourblogname traffic source, add the landing page (the post) assign each call to action to an offer link - save your campaign.
- pick the organic snippet - and paste it in the body of the page.
- any traffic landing on this page without having clicked on a TD campaign URL, will be associated with this campaign and conversions/revenues too.

Let me know if you need any help setting this up.

Sorry for reacting so late, was on a holiday..

1. Instead of "boosting" the post, create a specific campaign/adset/ad in which you put a tracking link, redirecting to the blog post.
- The links to your clickbank product should be trackingdesk call to action URL's.
- Any conversion coming from these ads will be associated with the campaign/post boost.

Wouldn't a tracking link look weird in an ad? Or can I cloak that in Facebook ad?

Sorry for reacting so late, was on a holiday..

Wouldn't a tracking link look weird in an ad? Or can I cloak that in Facebook ad?

Not really, as when you create an ad, you need to put the "domain or page that you are promoting" which is the display URL and the tracking link.

Okay, cannot find that option..
Can you make a screenshot of that option? Thx!

Hi @007dutchy nice to e-meet you. You can set tracking for facebook but pls mind their rules are very changeable.
The solution is:
1) To create a Campaign

2) Add any tokens that you wish to catch on AdsBridge, like: Screenshot “AdsBridge - Next generation tracker and landing page builder! - Mozilla Firefox 2016-01-21 13.24.58.png”

3)Past you campaign link on Facebook and manually edit the values, for example: http://xxxxx.adsb4all.com/c/daxxxxxxexxxxxbx?a=banner_from_publick&b=website_user

4)if you set these tokens as primary, you will see their values in stats here: Screenshot “AdsBridge - Next generation tracker and landing page builder! - Mozilla Firefox 2016-01-21 13.29.33.png”

Also one note, there are no ability to fire back information on Facebook. And it's better to use your own domain for campaign link. You could learn more about facebook cloaking from our user guide - How to Track Facebook Ads?

MI
Back