The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Drowned in Confusion

brianjrudy

affiliate
I'm really really confused on why my campaign's revenue is not stable. I want to cry and shout out loud. I have to clue on what to do next. Yes I am weak. I am posting because i want to express my feelings of confusion. This is so crazy but I don't want to give up. I just don't know which way to go. So here is my stats:

Day 1:
Spent: $1.77
Revenue: $0
ROI: -100%

Day 2:
Spent: $17.97
Revenue: $26.00
ROI: 84.7%

Day 3:
Spent: $5.23
Revenue: $6.50
ROI: 42.5%

Day 4:
Spent: $10.30
Revenue: $13.00
ROI: 44.8%

Day 5:
Spent: $5.95
Revenue: $0
ROI: -100%

Day 6:
Spent: $4.04
Revenue: $13.00
ROI: 331.5%

Day 7:
Spent:$8.87
Revenue:$6.50
ROI:-6.2%

Day 8:
Spent:$5.46
Revenue:$0
ROI:-100%

Day 9:
Spent:$15.28
Revenue:$0
ROI:-100%

From what you've provided, being only a statement of earnings / spendings, the only thing I can say is something extremely vague such as "try something different" or "optimize", etc.

In order for us to offer advice we would need to know far greater details, especially:
* which ad type (search, banner, CPV, etc.)
* which ad placement (PC, mobile, etc.)
* which vertical (category is it)
* which geo targetins(s) are you using, if any
* what is the offer(s) payout and the type (CPS, CPA, CPI etc.)
* is your landing page very effective with a good call-to-action (if any)
* is this for multiple offers or one offer
* how often have you been changing offers, id at all
* how much are your bids, if any
* how often have you been changing your bids
* how are your bids ranked among other bids
* are you using tracking such as SUB ID, or even 3rd party analytics?

and while these are somewhat competitive questions, these would be the MOST important in helping us answer:

* which traffic partner are you using?
* which affiliate network are you using?
* which exact offer are you promoting? (vague answer is OK)

Last edited:
Im doing the dating niche, a DOI offer. Im promoting it via popads(popunder). Yes I am using a tracking tool the thrive. I've been blacklisting. On my 7th day i tried to apply the day parting and on my 8th day i increased my bidding to x2 from my starting bidding. And now i changed it back to my usual bidding and disabled the day parting.

Thank you so much for the reply @marketerLevi :)

It looks like a case of an over-saturated market, especially in the dating vertical - seems everybody and even all their imaginary brothers - and their imaginary friends too (LOL) are promoting dating - and that the market is waking up to realize the scaminess that I'd say 99.99999% of those offers are full of. So too much competition and distrust, and your campaign has been in decline = time to try something completely new. (new vertical, new geo, even new ad agency)

my few cents. Anyone else agree/disagree?

EDIT: or to be optimistic, try optimizing more: different lander, different keywords

And here is my daily LP CTR:

Day 1: 0.446%

Day 2: 0.196%

Day 3:
0.455%

Day 4: 0.110%

Day 5:
0.183%

Day 6:
0.480%

Day 7: 0.312%

Day 8:
0.187%

Day 9:
0.286%

And here is my daily LP CTR:

Day 1: 0.446%

Day 2: 0.196%

Day 3:
0.455%

Day 4: 0.110%

Day 5:
0.183%

Day 6:
0.480%

Day 7: 0.312%

Day 8:
0.187%

Day 9:
0.286%
This clearly looks like a case of a small userbase in the ad network where everybody has already seen your ad - it's run it's course and the same people become less interested in your ad after seeing the same ad every day. That's a fact of aff. marketing that it's really never set & forget

Well after you've tried to optimize a campaign but it still doesn't work, then it's run it's course and generally not much you can do. Campaigns don't generally have only a 1-day lifespan but can vary greatly depending on the flow of customers to the traffic partner, which, greatly depends on the traffic method. But generally, keep reinventing yourself

No problem @brianjrudy, and I would be interested to see if others agree / disagree with my advice.

On a separate note, it would be much obliged if you or anyone else can advise me with my issue on this other thread. I'm trying to get into 3rd-party tracking, but am also drowning

banners
Back