The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Starting in PPV. High? CPM Cost in 2017

Firestarter

affiliate
Hi. I have been doing some PPC campaings in 2016. After google adwords became more and more unfriendly to affiliate marketing I decided to move to mobile popups direction. After reading a lot of forums, case studies etc I started some testing.

After testing some compaings(no too many yet, less than 10, with 3 landers each) I got just couple of conversions. Countrys I have been testing are mostly tier 2. Traffic sources I tested so far are Popads and Propellerads.

So couple of questions.
1. When reading one or two years old case studies, looks like CPM was much lower before. Did competition become much worse in late 2016/2017?
2. Is it good way to start in PPV with sweeps, antiviruses etc in 2017 or is there something less competitive to look at?

Didn't use that much budget yet, but I need make sure if I'm going to the right direction. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hello.
The CPM has gone up in a few sources, but overall I don't see big changes. It comes up and down during the year.

And yes, Sweeps are a good start along with apps.

Like my friend servandosilva said it goes up and down.

Firestarter Regarding your queries:

1. The CPM can differ with case studies because of geos, competition and targeting. But it's still working.

2. Sweeps and appinstall will work fine. Just check spy tools and you might be able to find out some low competitive campaigns.

A question about PPV.

What do people use to build landing pages? Are they built with HTML or can wordpress be used? From what I've seen, the landing page has to be a certain size to fit the size of the pop-up.

MI
Back