The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Does YouTube allow small channels to post affiliate links?

Alpine Bliss

affiliate
Does anyone know if YouTube allows small channels (with less than 1,000 subscribers needed to apply for monetization) to post affiliate links in the video description areas and to promote affiliate products?

(Say for example the channel has 100 views, 10 min of watch-time, and 1 subscriber.)

Create decent content in your video and link to a domain, not a raw referral link. Other YTers will flag anything that smacks of 'affiliate'. I don't know if YT's system catches them, or not.

That is enlightening, thank you azgold. I had no idea about domains instead of raw refferal links in description boxes... Very helpful. I heard something about the flagging tendencies, but on the part of the audience. Regarding decent content, I couldn't agree more. There are tons upon tons of youtubers oblivious to the factor of content itself...

Very helpful.

I'm glad!

I heard something about the flagging tendencies, but on the part of the audience.

Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry, it was early in the morning when I typed that, was still on my 1st cup of coffee. :D

There are tons upon tons of youtubers oblivious to the factor of content itself...

You're not kidding! If you take a look at the wildly successful channels, you'll see why they are so popular. They're engaged and engaging, they know their target audience well, they consistently post content their audience wants. If you can pull something like that off, you'll do very well, I think.

Try to find an offer that gives free sub domain or white label tool. Most industries will have one and it will look a lot more like your own brand rather than an affiliate link. What industry will you be focusing on just out of interest?

Try to find an offer that gives free sub domain or white label tool. Most industries will have one and it will look a lot more like your own brand rather than an affiliate link. What industry will you be focusing on just out of interest?
Yes, actually the main content I'm making is unrelated to any industry, so to speak... Animated documentaries about culture, nature, tech, science... I plan to do "anecdotaly related promotion" - for example - in a video about People and crime, I will be promoting an alarm system, that sort of thing... But yes, I will definitely look into everything You and azgold have suggested and pointed out. I definitely don't want to get flagged or banned or come across as greedy on YouTube or anywhere... Thank you Frank!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if YouTube allows small channels (with less than 1,000 subscribers needed to apply for monetization) to post affiliate links in the video description areas and to promote affiliate products?

(Say for example the channel has 100 views, 10 min of watch-time, and 1 subscriber.)

Yes, in a lot of programs like clickbank or ours you can promote affiliate fix even on small channel. You need to read regulations from the website first, they mentioned it.

What is the difference between a small channel and a medium sized one? One of the channels I watch is JimsReviewRoom who does tech reviews. He puts affiliate links on the video description and hasn't been banned.

I knew that joining AffiliateFix was going to be a great idea. And it truly is. Thank you people for all this knowledge and advice! I really appreciate it. Merry Christmas to You all!

banners
Back