The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“FunnelFlux  Zeydoo

Do you write your emails or do you hire a copywriter?

OscarMike

Affiliate
affiliate
Hi guys,

Russell Brunson talks about in his book Expert Secrets how Soap Opera Series (SOS) emails are great for selling your product/service. My problems is that I'm not very creative and I hate writing.

Have you hired a copywriter to write your emails for you? If so, how much did you pay them? I looked at Fiverr and people charge around $100-$150 for 5 SOS emails.

Your thoughts?

Graybeard

affiliate
Off the cuff --that seems a reasonable price --if they are well written and they work ...
I would want to see some samples of what that person has done (written) in the past. Or, pay 1/2 up front and the rest after seeing the work ...

Honeybadger

Affiliate
affiliate
AffKit Ninja
Not using email marketing yet, but would do whatever Neil Patel is doing
Easier than reinvent wheel

anatomy-of-a-marketing-email.jpg

Lead Network

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
affiliate
LeadNetwork
Well, if you feel that you can't do it by yourself then just hire a copywriter, I guess this is s good investment, but you definitely need to check his previous work, like examples

Aiden L

Affiliate
affiliate
Why don't you try and learn copywriting yourself, sure it's a pain to learn something so boring but it would save you a lot of money in the long run. It's a good skill to have in general. I too hate writing but if it saves me a couple hundred dollars i'm completely fine with it.

Certified

T J Tutor

GM
Administrator
Certified Vendor
affiliate
Dojo Master
AffKit
Why don't you try and learn copywriting yourself, sure it's a pain to learn something so boring but it would save you a lot of money in the long run. It's a good skill to have in general. I too hate writing but if it saves me a couple hundred dollars i'm completely fine with it.

EXACTLY! This is a skill every marketer should have in their arsenal.

EdwardNilsson

Affiliate
affiliate
Tottaly agree with you, but still some of us are very lazy )

PureLander

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Service Manager
affiliate
AffKit Ninja
PureLander
I'm writing my emails by myself, This is a skill that every mailer need to have. Of course it's not given, you need to learn how to do it and improve your skills all the time.
I think not anyone can acquire this skill easily if they aren't good english speakers ...
In asian sites, I came across such questions alot ...

PureLander

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Service Manager
affiliate
AffKit Ninja
PureLander
Tottaly agree with you, but still some of us are very lazy )
I don't think it's about being lazy, if you're not a good english speaker and you want to get the best impressive emails and avoid the strugle with grammar and spelling mistakes, you better hire a writer.

- Samira

Certified

T J Tutor

GM
Administrator
Certified Vendor
affiliate
Dojo Master
AffKit
you better hire a writer.

If a person does not have a particular language skill, this should not stop them from learning to write copy. Not ever.

Everyone in this business must learn to write copy in their native language. I write all of my copy in English, then when I need the ads run, or the emails sent, or the landers made, I have a native speaker from that country do the translations.

Always learn to write copy in this business because only a skilled and trained marketer is going to know how to set up angles, hooks, and triggers properly.

MarquittaGreen

Affiliate
affiliate
One of the best reasons to hire a copywriter is that they can help anyone who may struggle with spelling or grammar look amazing. If you do not know the difference between affect and effect, or compliment and complement, then you could put words in front of your audience that make your company look foolish.

PaidPoints

Affiliate
affiliate
I don't think it is a good idea to hire a copywriter to write your emails for you. That shows lack of confidence and you are going to find it hard keeping a straight line if you do that. Unless you are writing random emails every time and not a progressive email, it is not the best idea to hire a copywriter to write your emails for you.

Learn how to do it, do it by yourself, Don't worry about your English, simply use Grammarly software to help you if you think you are not very good at English. You will never improve if you don't DIY.

thelegend

Affiliate
affiliate
AffKit Ninja
Well paying an expert it will make a diference in your sales maybe but if you want to bring your quality skills to the next level then you need to write yourself .Thats way i prefer to write myself

KiraWdhf14

Affiliate
affiliate
The easiest way is to hire a copywriter. However, now the prices for copywriters will increase by 10 times, simply because cheap Russian power is no longer available for us.

petrderbikov

Affiliate
affiliate
Yes. But I'm not on the freelance exchanges looking for it on various sites that do it. I used a utility to help me. If interested, you can write and I will tell you more. It is logical that really the easiest way is to hire a copywriter. I have always done so.

Last edited:
MI