The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Do we have any Native Ads(Outbrain) Expert here?

harnur

i use outbrain, in outbrain ...is there any way to know which website/audience/category or attribute my competitor is targeting?

Which websites my competitor has whitelisted/blacklisted in his targetting?

I am already using spy tools, but they don't have this feature.
How can i find it?

Last edited:
That's the issue with spy tools. All they do is show which ads/niches are running on any particular Native ad network. The real gem of spying is the actual placement itself. Native ads is in fact display ads in another form. So knowing which pubs/widget ids your competitors are running on is what makes sense. Most of these networks want you to spend to acquire the data and then start to optimize on your own.

That's the issue with spy tools. All they do is show which ads/niches are running on any particular Native ad network. The real gem of spying is the actual placement itself. Native ads is in fact display ads in another form. So knowing which pubs/widget ids your competitors are running on is what makes sense. Most of these networks want you to spend to acquire the data and then start to optimize on your own.
do you do AGE/demographic targeting in outbrain? Does demographic targeting help or shud i keep my targeting broad/niche-related?

Hack your competitor's computer and keystroke him :p
Why not do your own market research.
  • If everyone spies on each other and copies what the other guy is doing you just dilute the profit pools.
  • Eventually, the target become worthless or of little profit.
  • Then you have to move on and 'rape and pillage' again -- with the same results.

do you do AGE/demographic targeting in outbrain? Does demographic targeting help or shud i keep my targeting broad/niche-related?

It really doesn't matter what targeting option you choose, at the end you will have to optimize for widget IDs/pubs which is the most important part as I mentioned above. Spend your budget, get the data, and then optimize. No spy tool will give you the actual widget IDs were your competitors are running their ads. @Greybeard, makes some great points, don't copy, rather get some inspiration from your competitors and switch it up to make it your own.

That's why I never used any spam tool as well as all other things they try to promote to affiliates really. Just weed out bad sources and track good ones with that. Tracking is everything. I will be able to make more later. Have you used Taboola as well ?

MI
Back