The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Do Solo ads work for B2B

Doctor DataFeed

affiliate
I never worked with Solo ads, and I hear mixed messages, so lets post the question here.

I'm willing to pay for leads, signups, and new clients, the budget is healthy so I advertise on FB, Google Ads, Affiliates, and so on. But then Solo ads keep popping up as a great way to advertise. The only problem is that each time I speak with a solo ads marketeer it seems that it doesn't work that well for a B2B SAAS product.

So share your opinion and experiences about B2B and solo ads, do it, or stay away from it?

I never worked with Solo ads, and I hear mixed messages, so lets post the question here.

I'm willing to pay for leads, signups, and new clients, the budget is healthy so I advertise on FB, Google Ads, Affiliates, and so on. But then Solo ads keep popping up as a great way to advertise. The only problem is that each time I speak with a solo ads marketeer it seems that it doesn't work that well for a B2B SAAS product.

So share your opinion and experiences about B2B and solo ads, do it, or stay away from it?

My personal experience with solo ads has been B2C in the MMO and Health niches. If you have a healthy budget like you pointed out, you are probably better off generating leads on FB and Google - which is what you are already doing.

Not all Solo ads sellers have clean lists. It also does require a bit of trial and error to match the list with your offer.
In my opinion the best leads you could generate are the ones you will get from FB, Google, Ms Ads and so forth. These would be qualified leads.

B2B is a much higher level that B2C as far as marketing (obvious) SaaS depends on what size business and what price point. Who is your market nano, micro, small cap, enterprise. Solo ads are only probably only for start-up or micro probably (under $1 Million current revenue).
Boards like this or other require work but may be productive --buy an ad ;)
resource-vendor-requirements
https://www.affiliatefix.com/resources/add
post some content that might generate leads that are useful to you

As someone who has done a large volume of solo ads for a long time, I've never seen a traditional success story for b2b but in my opinion, it works. The fundamental still the same for any traffic you know.

It depends on the product and your niche. If you can make deals with the smaller businesses in your niche and they have a good email sequence, it could work but you can't send solo ads traffic directly to your product landing page.

Have a to-the-point short landing page (single opt-in works better) and offer something free that's valuable for your niche. maybe a successful case study with your product. It can be anything as long as it offers value. Businesses will need more incentive to give you their email address.

Have a 2-3 weeks (can be longer) email sequence written by a good copywriter. Don't hire a cheap copywriter because a good copywriter will pay you back in the long run. You will see results as long as your product is actually good that's for sure.

In every stage of your campaign, test, optimize and repeat.

Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Share your opinion and experiences about B2B and solo ads, do it, or stay away from it?

As stated by @Graybeard B2B is a different beast...
Not knowing the offer it is very hard to see if solo ads or any other form of marketing to the general public can work...

Ask yourself the question how many of the people you want to sell to are on these email lists?
So your offer must be able to make it through word of mouth to the ears of the CEO's, CFO's etc...

The general advice always is 'learn your target audience, learn their habits, go where they are...'

Try to market to places where your target customers can be found, what magazines do they read? What websites do they visit? Are they active on forums? In groups?
Once you know these things you can market your offer to these places...
Use Banner ads / Native ads etc...

Oh and don't forget LinkedIn was created to build a professional community...
Use that to your advantage...

MI
Back