The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Do I need to cloak affiliate campaigns?

thehustler

Hey, do I need to cloak affiliate link when setting up an ad either in AdWords, Bing or Facebook?

This is what I have planned:

My custom domain -> Redirect to my pre-landing page -> User clicks CTA -> Gets taken to the sales page.

Do I need to do anything else?

And what is this clickmagic for? I can easily track my clicks in Wordpress, right?

read this Tracking Magick Part 4 - Tracking Affiliate Sales
I did -- actually if you are going to be dealing with affiliate networks -- this might be worth every penny ...

Google-Analytics is good for in depth analysis of your website. However, once they are at any 3rd party seller (offer owner) its going to be blind. Most white label and private label websites will allow you to insert you G-A code, other than that, you need this or something similar.

read this Tracking Magick Part 4 - Tracking Affiliate Sales
I did -- actually if you are going to be dealing with affiliate networks -- this might be worth every penny ...

Google-Analytics is good for in depth analysis of your website. However, once they are at any 3rd party seller (offer owner) its going to be blind. Most white label and private label websites will allow you to insert you G-A code, other than that, you need this or something similar.
Thanks for the info mate. You are one of the most active members in the forum. :D

Cloaking your affiliate link is not a must but it is still quite convenient. In SEO, it prevents your site from losing positions because of the naked affiliate link, and it prevents commission stealing through cookie edition and other shady tactics.

you don't need clocking.

people who are cloacking are people who are breaking the rules of the traffic sources in most of times.

why do you want to cloack ?

you don't need clocking.

people who are cloacking are people who are breaking the rules of the traffic sources in most of times.

why do you want to cloack ?
Yes, correct. Even I thought cloaking was necessary but it's not. Cloaking is for blackhat purpose and shady ways to promote which is not recommended.

Hey, do I need to cloak affiliate link when setting up an ad either in AdWords, Bing or Facebook?

My custom domain -> Redirect to my pre-landing page -> User clicks CTA -> Gets taken to the sales page.

And what is this clickmagic for? I can easily track my clicks in Wordpress, right?

Your plan is good but make sure your pre-landing page is complete with FB ads, Bing and Adwords ad policy's.
clickmagic is tracker if you buying traffic from different different sources then you can check reports and optimization your traffic in one place mean it's your tracker (any one which one you using).

Your plan is good but make sure your pre-landing page is complete with FB ads, Bing and Adwords ad policy's.
clickmagic is tracker if you buying traffic from different different sources then you can check reports and optimization your traffic in one place mean it's your tracker (any one which one you using).
Yes thanks for the tip. :)

The only thing Cloacking will bring you will be to be banned eventually, so you could try to simply target well, and run your campaign respecting the rules of the traffic source.

banners
Back