The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Difference in Google Keyword data

christopher35

affiliate
I was looking through the Google keyword data for the keyword "betta fish toys" on three different websites:

kwfinder - 1,152 (united states) 1,121 (global)
Google KWP - 1k-10k (united states) 1,900 (global)
serpstat - 720
semrush - 720 (united states)

Obviously there's quite a big difference between 1,152 and 720.

This difference I have noted for all the keywords I've tried. Interestingly the Google KWP results seem closer to the KWfinder results than the other 2 services.

So what do you think have you noticed this difference ?

Logged in with a US IP Google trends shows this.

If you are doing on page SEO I wouldn't neglect the broader terms -- get the traffic volume perhaps?

If you are doing CPC then try an a<=>b for each term with a test budget and decide -- depends on the CPC cost ...

Kind of confused with this answer..

Yes the imporance of broader terms

but this doesn answer my question

Google Trends

betta_fish_toys.jpg

Logged in with a US IP Google trends shows this.

Google Trends

If you are doing on page SEO I wouldn't neglect the broader terms -- get the traffic volume perhaps?

If you are doing CPC then try an a<=>b for each term with a test budget and decide -- depends on the CPC cost ...

Graybeard, Nov 20, 2017

Last edited:
This difference isn't a big thing which is in front of us, There are also other tools those show the huge difference of same sites according to their own Parameter.

But trust on Google tool is much satisfied.

I think most web tools feed you bullshit in a bag tied with a pink ribbon -- is what I think (not to be rude but truthful).

That is to say: You don't have access to their raw data or why they compile what into the number they present you with.

Your own empirical results matter.
Getting there takes inductive logic and luck (or managed risk).

Graybeard, Nov 26, 2017

I trust Google about as far as I can spit ...
Examine the other party's motivations before accepting their data at face value -- always.

Part-truth is Google-speak in my cynical view (for good reason).

banners
Back