The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Designing Banners, purchasing or googling images?

isuit21

affiliate
Every time I design a banner and need some type of image, such as a CD, than I usually search in Google for these type of images. I do know that it is not always legal to use them, but I am not that keen on actually purchasing images for $10 each. Where do you get your images from?

Generally I use iconfinders.com ! but when you search google there are images which have watermark on them! These are the ones which are copyright protected although sometimes the ones which do not have watermarks are also copyright protected but this happens like once in a blue moon! Although I suggest you to design your own stuff excpet when you want a company's logo!! :)

If you follow some design blogs, often times designers on there will give away freebies such as icons or graphics or fonts. I try to keep an eye on these on a regular basis and be sure to download them all because you never know when you will need them for something.

Try flickr.com and look for images that are free to re-use. There are several types of licenses on Flickr. The most common is copyright so you can't use those images but a lot of them have a share-alike option and quite a few have a right to modify license.

When searching on flickr switch to the advance search settings, they make finding these easy.

banners
Back