The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Custom conversions

DoubleDouble

Hi Fixers,

I am looking for the following solution.

There is a standard affiliate setup. You have a landing page (the landing page has a popup at the start), someone converts on the offer, the postback fires, shows it your tracker and gets sent to your traffic source.

What if I want to fire a conversion to the tracker (and then to the traffic source) based on someone interacting with the popup or clicking a link. What is the best way to do that and how would I do it in a tracker?

thanks!

What if I want to fire a conversion to the tracker (and then to the traffic source) based on someone interacting with the popup or clicking a link. What is the best way to do that and how would I do it in a tracker?
i think that's CTR, when some one clicks on your link in the landing page you calc that as CTR.

do you mean if someone clicks on a link in your landing pages, you want to consider that as a conversion and capture that conversion in the tracker and pass it to the traffic source as well ?.

you need to know how to capture "clickid" or "externalclickid" from your landing pages, almost all the tracker or traffic source link by "clickid"/"external click id". if you want used javascript you need to know how to use ajax and then onclick (or maybe some event trigger if not onclick event). ..... but if you just want to capture something like "event" maybe you need tools like google tag manager.

i think that's CTR, when some one clicks on your link in the landing page you calc that as CTR.

do you mean if someone clicks on a link in your landing pages, you want to consider that as a conversion and capture that conversion in the tracker and pass it to the traffic source as well ?.

exactly, I want to consider it as a conversion in the tracker and pass it to the traffic source

The ajax is a way to do it, you can also do it with google tag manager.

A simpler way to do it is to define in the tracker a cpc conversion goal which will fire to the traffic source the same way the lead or cpa conversion fires.
Not sure how other trackers handle this, but in Trackingdesk you have the ability to setup several conversion goals for each offer (cpc,cpl, cpa, CPI, cps) and consequently, each will be fired according to the user actions.

The other issue you have is whether your traffic source has the ability to record several conversion goals for the same clickid.

Mgid, Outbrain, AdWords can.
Now how do you trigger the traffic source postback with the correct conversion event?
That’s up to your tracker.
In Trackingdesk, you can map the conversions set in the traffic source with the conversions set in your offer.
So cpc will fire the cpc goal in the traffic source, and cpa will fire the cpa in the traffic source etc...

Each tracker is different so you will have to check with yours.

Hope that helps.

Doable in Voluum - you have the custom conversions feature that lets you define multiple conversion types so that you can differentiate between them. When someone converts on an offer - it'll be one type of conversion, when he interacts with the popup - another type, clicks on a link - another, all within the same campaign.

And, per each custom conversion type, you can configure extra options: you can decide if you want this conversion type to be counted towards total conversions count in the tracker, if you want its revenue to be added to campaigns’ overall revenue, and if a postback to the traffic source should fired when a given custom conversion is registered in Voluum.

Voluum - custom conversions feature

banners
Back