The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Cuil aims to rival Google

Arleigh

affiliate
I came across with this article about Ex-Google workers that have launched a rival search engine called "Cuil". What can you say about this new search engine?

Here's the link.

I read this news as well, I don't think they will get anywhere, they still have MSN and Yahoo to get over first which is unlikely.

I'm not impressed so far ... Very poor results from my tests - some pretty straight forward searches return no results & others return the same page numerous time.

The relevance of the pictures is hit and miss and seemingly random.

I have tried a few test. Extremely poor results, and thumbnails next to the results don't do anyone a favor.

Don't be too hasty with that! Don't you all remember using altavista, then yahoo then google? we all started somewhere else and slowly moved our allegiance to the {Now} big G.

Rather than dismiss it lets have a think. Google adwords are becoming too expensive, googles dominance in the market is perhaps not a good thing and competition to them and the others will always be a good thing.

So to Cuil. the name is a bit naff and open for too many spelling mistakes and how do you actually pronounce it! perhaps not great but I am sure we will get used to it oneday.

The search using ajax is pretty good and I am sure will be more populated given time, the result page is pretty funky but they have not left room for a CPC system, back to basics or just not in there yet??

Sure the results are pretty crap and not really relevant now but give them time.

The only pity seems no function to submit a site to index.

Pity I think they got off to a false start too much media without a critical mass of sites to make it good.

One to watch perhaps??

They need to improve with their site indexing and search algorithm. For now I didn't get good results for some of the search terms I used.

SticKer

I'm not impressed so far ... Very poor results from my tests - some pretty straight forward searches return no results & others return the same page numerous time.

The relevance of the pictures is hit and miss and seemingly random.

I totaly agree

I have also tried some few test and it didn't provide accurate results. Cuil really needs to do a lot of hard work to improve their search results.

I have tried a few test. Extremely poor results, and thumbnails next to the results don't do anyone a favor.

Don't be too hasty with that! Don't you all remember using altavista, then yahoo then google? we all started somewhere else and slowly moved our allegiance to the {Now} big G.

Rather than dismiss it lets have a think. Google adwords are becoming too expensive, googles dominance in the market is perhaps not a good thing and competition to them and the others will always be a good thing.

So to Cuil. the name is a bit naff and open for too many spelling mistakes and how do you actually pronounce it! perhaps not great but I am sure we will get used to it oneday.

The search using ajax is pretty good and I am sure will be more populated given time, the result page is pretty funky but they have not left room for a CPC system, back to basics or just not in there yet??

Sure the results are pretty crap and not really relevant now but give them time.

The only pity seems no function to submit a site to index.

Pity I think they got off to a false start too much media without a critical mass of sites to make it good.

One to watch perhaps??

in theory, you're right, in reality; when we changed from yahoo to google, it was because the results were better ... this now not the case, so I don't see it happening

I was not very impressed with Cuil but they might get better with time so I will give it a little time to develope.

Everyone started somewhere.

So to Cuil. the name is a bit naff and open for too many spelling mistakes and how do you actually pronounce it!
according to their about us page, its pronounced 'cool'... what's uncool is that there is a complete lack of webmaster tools that i can see - submissions, site maps - nothing.

competition is good but they try too hard to be web 2.0 - will see what happens

Don't be too hasty with that! Don't you all remember using altavista, then yahoo then google? we all started somewhere else and slowly moved our allegiance

Yea I used LookSmart before any other search engine, but that was about 12 years ago... I just checked LookSmart today and now they are an advertising company. It's weird...

Well As for Cuil... I don't really like the setup and my websites are ranked horribly it seems. I had to manually send them my URLs to get crawled but they didn't waste any time.

banners
Back