The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

CPVlab Generates False Data

margo09

Hey guys, I hope you're having profitable campaigns. I have started affiliate marketing about a month ago, and I'm trying a mobile sweepstakes offer that my AM recommended.

I started my campaign with a lot of testing and tweaking til I got the hang of it. After that, I started testing some new landing pages to get a good CTR as the one I have right now is veeery low.

I kept on going with the campaign and noticed that android 2.0 versions ain't good for my landing pages. So, I decided to exclude that version and only include 4.0 versions and above ( as well as for iOS).

I checked the campaign after a day being running, then found out that those 2.0 versions are still coming. I contacted my traffic source for the problem, they said they'll investigate.

After the investigation they sent an email claiming that the problem is not with their traffic source and that their analytics are showing exactly what I have edited. But rather, it's with CPVlab software that might be showing me false data.

My question is: has anyone experienced this with CPVlab as far as mobile campaigns are concerned?

P.S: I confirmed that the CPVlab has a problem with phones such as OPPO, it has an android version of 5.1 and in CPVlab it showed 2.0.

Any additional suggestions for a solution would be very welcomed.

Thanks in advance

It could still be the traffic source, but I have had a similar issue with CPVLab a few years ago. I switched to a custom built tracker to solve the issues.

I am about to try Voluum as it is likely the best option for mobile, however there are loads of members that swear by Thrive and AdsBridge. I will likely test all three before choosing. All three get great reviews.

Thanks for the reply T J.

As I stated above, I have tried it with my brother's phone, its brand is called OPPO, it has a 5.1.1 android version, when I went to check CPVlab it showed me a 2.0 android, so it's definitely the CPVlab.

If I could afford Voluum, I would have used it from the beginning. However, because CPVlab is fairly cheap I chose it.

I wish you good luck on testing which one is best. and it'd be great if you post your review about it here on the forum.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost you to custom build your own tracking software? and How did you do it?

how much did it cost you to custom build your own tracking software? and How did you do it?

It cost $14k in 2013 and was worth every penny. It cost about another $6k a year to maintain with updates. Now though, these newer trackers have everything my tracker has and loads more. These new trackers are really great.

Two of my associates and myself have an awesome developer for projects like that. She is building some SAS solutions for us now. It is always a good idea to have a strong relationship with a good developer.

I'll take your word on that. a good relationship with every skilled person is always a plus to your business.

Ouch! haha pretty expensive for a beginner like me. However, as you said, it was worth every penny, and you probably got your ROI within a few months if not weeks.

I'll take your word on that. a good relationship with every skilled person is always a plus to your business.

Ouch! haha pretty expensive for a beginner like me. However, as you said, it was worth every penny, and you probably got your ROI within a few months if not weeks.

Hey, @margo09, there are several options you can control all traffic flows, sources and so on.

Firstly, I definitely advise you to use alerts, that could provide any tracker on the market.
Secondly, you can use advanced features, as auto-optimization that will test the landers and offers for you and send the most % of your traffic to the best-performing ones (based on EPV, EPC, ROI metrics)

Moreover, I would mention targeting, that for example allows you to exclude/target any specific carrier, OS, country, even specify the city/state and so on.

You have mentioned the pricing tag as well, so you can take a look at other tracking solutions on the market with a good price and full list of features.

MI
Back