The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

CPM vs CPC - Propellor Ads - Push

Beny

Hey Guys! Beny here from the UK :D

Recently getting back into CPA after 4-5 years.

I've been testing some offers with CPAGrip & PropellorAds. I'm under the impression that CPM is the way to go for profits because if you can nail the funnel and have a good CTR, you'll beat the best CPC for the same audience.

I'm a little stumped though because using the exact same creative, with same targeting options on PropellorAds, my CPC is outperforming massively in CTR.

I'm hitting numbers like 1% CTR with CPC campaign, yet only 0.2% with CPM.

Is this normal? My budget gets spent real quick with the CPM but it drastically under performs in terms of CTR, and subsequently lead quality into conversion rate.

Any one dealt with something similar?

Cheers!

Use what works best
Without knowing the IPs and their attributes of the clicks --it can only be a guess.
Impressions (CPM) are often blocked by modern browsers --so you may be buying ghosts

That's interesting to note. Would you know of any resources for more in-depth Push Ads discussions / Case Studies? I can't seem to find much substantial on here and would love to find out more while my campaigns collect data.

Cheers for your reply!

I always prefer CPC not CPM. Also, there are so many push ads threads here on the forum, use advanced search to find it

I always prefer CPC not CPM. Also, there are so many push ads threads here on the forum, use advanced search to find it
Thanks, I'm having much better results with CPC but still running in the red. Will keep testing.

Plus I've read through most of the relevant push threads on here but not seeing much past 3-4 threads.

Cheers anyhow!

Thanks, I'm having much better results with CPC but still running in the red. Will keep testing.

Plus I've read through most of the relevant push threads on here but not seeing much past 3-4 threads.

Cheers anyhow!
You see, you need to keep testing, as in Affiliate marketing something that is not working today may work tomorrow, but something that works today might work tomorrow as well

You should never pay cpm for push as networks send tons of push, even when users arent actually seeing the ads. That way you pay for every impression.
The only network who in my opinion avoiding making advertisers paying on cpm is admaven, they charge only by cpc as should. no engamamnt - no paymnet.

Hello Beny,
How's it going with your push-ad campaign operation?
Thanks for your thread that helps me a lot :)

MI
Back