The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

CPM or CPA or..? Which do you preffer

I

Ivana Adnium

Just wanted to start a discussion and liven up these boards a little :) So which model do you guys prefer and why? (better conversions, payoff etc) I obviously prefer CPM as I believe it converts better buuut I may be a *bit* biased :p Sound off below!

we do prefer CPA or hybrid
anyway we could raise CPA when Affiliate becomes VIP

52eed-baner_logo_fan_480x60-123kb.gif

So here is what I think. Start off with a CPL model, wait for some feedback from the advertiser, and then split test against the sale model.

Affiliates fear the sale model because it is a higher risk and doesn't pay out as fast as a cpl does. However, the sale system tends to generate much higher revenue. I think the key here is patience and confidence in your traffic. Too many people these days are just looking for the easy way out.
The sale model is in my opinion a more effective way of running your traffic, even though it might seem like a risk.

So many factors come into play. I think it really depends on the offer itself. CPM is good in the sense the profit margins can be higher but can be risky. It really comes down to the person, some are simply not comfortable testing other models. At the end of the day, I think if you have all these different models- you should test them all. Expand your sources, everything converts differently.

Just wanted to start a discussion and liven up these boards a little :) So which model do you guys prefer and why? (better conversions, payoff etc) I obviously prefer CPM as I believe it converts better buuut I may be a *bit* biased :p Sound off below!
If it's prepaid and within reason with the demands CPM, or else CPA since it is stable, fast way to see results and it all depends on campaign type again.

depends what industry, with apps, CPA. CPM use to be good until spammers started to bot every ad network possible so now most pay really low CPM and you make next to nothing for pretty large volume

banners
Back