The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

CPI Offers KPIs Explained

WhiteMobi

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
WhiteMobi
There are plenty restrictions and unclear KPIs in the mobile offers. As AM I’m getting most of the questions like: What is KPI? What is RR?

So, here I'm posting here some terms you can find in the offer description.

Retention Rate or RR - shows the number of active users (those who opened the app) on the particular day after installation date.

First day retention refers to the next day after the install, NOT the installation day. The installation day is usually marked as Day 0 in the tracking systems.

It is common to demand Day 1 retention rate not lower than 20-30%.

RR can also be specified with such short-cuts:

40% D1 - retention rate of 40% on the first day required, so 40% percent of the users should open the app on the first day after install.

30% RR, D2 - retention rate of 30% on the second day required

Loyal User is a user that opens the app more than three times. It differs from retention rate, as traffic can show 100% first day retention but no loyal users in case each user opens the app only twice.

Registration Rate - for the apps that require registration of the user - means the percentage of the registered users. Registrations/ Installs*100%

In-app purchase rate shows the percentage of users who makes in-app purchases

Deposit rate - pretty much like In-app purchase rate. Means the percentage of the users that make deposit in the app. It’s all about the rate of paying users among all acquired users.

Reach level N - users need to play the game and reach particular level. This KPI is often composed to expensive incentive CPE offers.

30% tutorial completion -percentage of the users completed tutorial in the app after installing. commonly used for games offers.

Session Length - refers to the time user spends in the app. Fraudsters can simulate the retention rate but with low Session Length, when users open the app for a second only.

ROI - Return of Investments - it is a tricky thing about the offer KPI. ROI measures how much revenue a marketing campaign is generating compared to the cost of running that campaign. (Sales Growth - Marketing Cost) / Marketing Cost = ROI

ROI on mobile app should be counted with User Lifetime Value, but speaking to the mobile app install offers, advertisers often count only the amount of purchases made by acquired users in the defined period.

Feel free to ask me about other offers description you have difficulties with.

Thanks for your post! Nowadays I find CPI is too difficult to run, so many KPIs to meet

banners
Back