The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

LeanneC7

affiliate
Hi All,

I have been looking through the world of Google in relation to Conversion Pixels and what they actually are. Apparently there is lots of info out there but none of it gives a real basic understanding.

I am learning how tracking links are made in CAKE and the breakdown of the actual URL's itself. I understand that there is a "cookie domain" but I don't understand how it builds up conversion pixels?

Can some please shed some light on this?

Leanne

Conversion happens when someone buy some from website or make enquiry. In both the situation after successful submission either thank you message or page should come so that you know conversion happened. In Google conversion, you need to add pixel created in this thank you page only.

It's that simple. I am not sure why you are having hard time understanding it.

Conversion pixels are usually JavaScripts (today) a 1x1 png image caused the 'pixel' name to be used (years ago)
example: ht***tps://w***ww.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=UA

When the page is loaded (or a certain 'event' action occurs: like a link or button is activated by the browser) >>>the pixel reports to the data server the page URL, event, usually the browser's client ID and that data is stored --to be retrieved later (in your stats).
Sometimes, this is also done in real-time like in G-A Live (current) visitors

Conversion pixels are usually JavaScripts (today) a 1x1 png image caused the 'pixel' name to be used (years ago)
example: ht***tps://w***ww.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=UA

When the page is loaded (or a certain 'event' action occurs: like a link or button is activated by the browser) >>>the pixel reports to the data server the page URL, event, usually the browser's client ID and that data is stored --to be retrieved later (in your stats).
Sometimes, this is also done in real-time like in G-A Live (current) visitors

Thank you- it's the practicality but it makes sense that it basically takes as much data as possible and feeds it back to the server. :)

Tracking pixels record the referring URL <<this includes the (sub.)domain.tld
3. Third-party cookies are those that point to another website, and not to the website you are visiting. Facebook, for example, contains third-party cookies which are actually from advertisers who want to track Facebook users’ preferences and online behaviors. A lot of, if not all, websites use third-party cookies including Flickr, Google Maps, Google Plus, Twitter, and YouTube to name a few.

This is a bit dated
These 3rd party cookies are easily blocked in modern browsers --they are not that accurate 70%-90% correct? <<<Not sure on this

Amazing, thank you so much. I will get my head around this :)

I understand that there is a "cookie domain" but I don't understand how it builds up conversion pixels?
Tracking pixels record the referring URL <<this includes the (sub.)domain.tld
3. Third-party cookies are those that point to another website, and not to the website you are visiting. Facebook, for example, contains third-party cookies which are actually from advertisers who want to track Facebook users’ preferences and online behaviors. A lot of, if not all, websites use third-party cookies including Flickr, Google Maps, Google Plus, Twitter, and YouTube to name a few.
What Are Cross Domain Cookies and How Do They Work
This is a bit dated
These 3rd party cookies are easily blocked in modern browsers --they are not that accurate 70%-90% correct? <<<Not sure on this

MI
Back