The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Computer tricks

caparica007

affiliate
What about sharing some computer tricks?

Something entertaining to ask a friend to do is to press CTRL+W to make the browser close :biggrin:

Pressing the Windows key and left or right, makes your window snap to that side of the screen.
I regularly use it to evenly divide my screen with two browser windows.
Windows and up arrow maximizes the window as well.

Not sure if this is common knowledge. Recently I was doing some copy and pasting where this old program needs me to type/paste the file path with file name into a text field.

Originally what I would do is:
1)Copy the path from the top of window explorer, then paste it.
2)Double click on the file name and copy the file name then paste it.

I found a shorter way is to hold shift and right click the file, there is an option to copy as path and that's it. You can paste the whole path with file name in 1 step. Hope this helps =).

Didn't know that shortcut for incognito mode. CTRL+ALT+arrow down puts your screen upside down. :) Put it back up with CTRL+ALT+arrow up. :p

Didn't know that shortcut for incognito mode. CTRL+ALT+arrow down puts your screen upside down. :) Put it back up with CTRL+ALT+arrow up. :p

Hehehe I sometimes do that to coworkers and watch the fumble around.
It also works with left and right, which is actually useful if you have one of those screens that you can flip vertically and want to have a taller but slimmer screen (useful on long list sites like Reddit for example)

Most people know that on Youtube pressing the spacebar will stop the video. But if the video is not currently being focused (has been clicked recently), the spacebar will make the webpage scroll down. However, pressing "K" anywhere will pause the video, even if it hasn't been clicked recently.

Most people know that on Youtube pressing the spacebar will stop the video. But if the video is not currently being focused (has been clicked recently), the spacebar will make the webpage scroll down. However, pressing "K" anywhere will pause the video, even if it hasn't been clicked recently.

I wonder what's the logic behind picking that key, I mean, why "K"? Wouldn't "P" for pause be more intuitive?

banners
Back