The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Apocalypse Computer Code in an Arctic Cave

Graybeard

In case we become the Zombie World or suffer a world-wide Apocalypse and man survives (somehow); Github is storing microfilm of its computer code library for the survivors of a distant and very grim future. The Arctic border in Norway is the location ...

Microsoft Apocalypse Proofs Open Source Code In An Arctic Cave
So if you can find the old parts lying about to build a computer you might have a clue of how to use it :D

But will you be able to find a usable drive with an operating system that will work?
Will you have an electric power source to even make the computer boot?

Good luck to the winners!

:affiliatefix: Secret Ninja files being stored without the hardware? Maybe they think the data can be deciphered with telepathy!

They are using microfilm so you could read it with a magnifying glass -- hope they also store a sunlight mirror manually operated reader of some kind for the scribes of a grim post-apocalyptic future :D

Last edited:
They are using microfilm so you could read it with a magnifying glass

Photographed computer code, which then needs to be re-typed into a developers interface and recompiled.

Mua ha ha, it's brilliant!o_O If you are "Mini Me"
mini me.gif

-- hope they also store a sunlight mirror manually operated reader of some kind for the scribes of a grim post-apocalyptic future :D

Ah yes, they will need scribes who can then transfer the code onto some chiseled rock faces.:p

Ah yes, they will need scribes who can then transfer the code onto some chiseled rock faces.

Hope somebody leaves a chisel with the code. Post apocalypse folks may need it.

Although....I've seen some sci-fi flicks where future humans can put ancient devices into some kind of future device and the contents are presented in hologram form for their audience. Could work. :D:D:D

I've seen some sci-fi flicks where future humans can put ancient devices into some kind of future device and the contents are presented in hologram form for their audience.

I want one, in fact if you can find them, I'll buy one for you and for Graybeard too!

Microsoft owns Github now ... I really think this is a publicity stunt that is tax deductible as an eccentric business endeavor ...

I have seen many post-apocalyptic movies with the the recreation of technology from the debris of destruction as a theme ... I think it is fanciful or even ludicrous.

More likely is a more limited destruction with many lesser important areas left basically intact -- if they can somehow survive the cataclysmic environmental distress. Good examples might be, modern people bringing the basics of technology to very isolated locations --and surviving.

What the hell will your smartphone be good for with no internet and how will you use it?

The GPS may still work if you can power up the phone -- the satellites will still be there. I guess you could play any games that were already installed :D Imagine a hunter-gatherer, human survivor navigating his hunting expedition holding a spear and a smartphone :D

If you had a router and cables and a power source you could create a community intranet cable and wireless in your cave -- you would have LAN addresses :D **stone walls will block the wireless that would have to be in a very large cavern ...

It would take years before any stored computer code might be useful. Code should also be stored on flash drives or SSD drives too

What the hell will your smartphone be good for with no internet and how will you use it?

Paperweight
Giant pendant
Little picture frame
Wall art
To put under the leg of a wobbly table
Weapon - throw it at the beast coming into your cave

Since the grid would no longer exist and the phone couldn't be charged.

banners
Back