The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Meet the Grandfather of the Computer

Graybeard

Meet the Grandfather of LINUX, Android and Mac/iOs

Doing One Thing, Well: The UNIX Philosophy

This is also the source of the Windows stolen code secrets that made Bill Gates on of the wealthiest men in the world.

>>>As for Unix, its creators set up a design philosophy based around simplicity from the very beginning. The software was built around a few guiding principles that were easy to understand and implement. ...

... These core principles made Unix a major influence on computing in its early days. Unix popularized the idea of software as tools, and the idea that having lots of tools and toolsets around to build other software is much easier and intuitive than writing huge standalone programs that reinvent the wheel on every implementation. Indeed, at the time Unix came around, a lot of other computer researchers were building single-purpose, one-off monolithic blocks of software for specific computers. When Unix was first implemented it blew this model out of the water. ...<<<

What do you think Apple's operating systems are -- hybrids of UNIX (<LOL>)
5,000 years later we are still using wheels, axles and hubs ... Where are the flying cars we were promised?

Where are the flying cars we were promised?

I've been waiting for those since watching The Jetsons as a kid.

I confess to only skimming the article, found the idea of "Worse is better," intriguing then went to the comments. I knew I was in over my head as soon as I started reading and had no idea what any of it meant (comments). :D

We've come a long way.

MI
Back