The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Complete Newcomer need some advice

Pan

affiliate
Hi to all, i have been a front end web designer with some dev skill for the last 5 years. I have been given a url by a friend and want to try to make some money from it. I had the idea that i could turn in to a site that sells products by affiliation. I have read lots of sites and emailed a couple of companies but no reply.

Is what i am thinking even possible?

Could someone give me a nudge in the right direction.

Thank you in advance

Thanks for the replies!

the url i have to work with is itsaplaything so i was think adult toys (just seems to fit)

However i have just read about white label solutions as well, do you know a nice simple link i go and find out what is what.

Thanks for your time and help

I would advise staying out of the adult industry as a whole as a new marketer with no experience with SEO, PPC or other forms of marketing. It is extremely hard for the Pro's to play in that field because of the comp. Maybe you should look at something a little less saturated to begin with.

Even though design and dev gives you some help, the marketing part is a whole new beast. If I were you, I would start with a blog and stick with what you know, like design and dev. Find a niche within that larger niche and focus on that or you will likely fail. If you have another hobby that you are good at and know it well, you can do that. Never go into a saturated field unless you are an expert in it or have a lot of personal experience in that field.

If you go into adult toys with the experience you have, the sharks will eat you alive.

MI
Back