The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Combining Affiliate Programs

nenadmnc

affiliate
Hello,

This forum is excellent. You helped me a lot, but I have two newbie questions:

1) Is it possible to combine different affiliate programs in order to monetize just one website (domain)? For example, can I join Amazon Associates, AdSense, Commission Junction, or some other programs and simultaneously have their widgets and ads on just one website? I’ve noticed that people have aStores and AdSense on their sites, but what about other affiliate programs. Are there any restrictions?

2) How many aStores can I have on just one site? Is it possible that I have five aStores on five different pages?

3) If I join Amazon Associates from Amazon.com, do I get referral fees if people form Europe, South America or Asia buy product through my site?

I understand importance of finding right niche, driving traffic, having quality content on website etc., but these technical questions are mystery to me. I hope you’ll help me. Thanks in advance.

Lots of questions... :)

1) I don't think there's anything wrong in principle in promoting more than one product on a single site, as long as they different products fall within the general "topic genre" for that site. Mixing very diverse products (like computer software and household cleansers) is probably not going to work well and will create difficulties for you in optimizing that site for search engines. You'd need to keep them all within the same niche and use additional sites for products in different niches.

You can mix AdSense, Amazon, Commission Junction, etc., on the same site (bearing in mind what i said above). The AdSense ToS requires that no other ads can be confused with Google AdSense ads but that's not difficult - just make sure they're not exactly the same style and color if they aren't labelled differently; if worse comes to worst, you can always add a small label above or below the other ad.

2) I don't know the answer to the AStore question, but you should read some of the other posts on Amazon. Some people do manage to make some money from Amazon but the life of the referrer/affiliate cookie is quite short (24 hours I think) so it's easy to get people browsing Amazon, delaying their actual purchase, and then losing the commission.

3) At present, you would need to become an affiliate for each of the regional Amazons - they won't combine commissions across domains (although I think I saw something that suggestedf this may change in the future). I believe there may be some plug-ins for WordPress or other software that geo-locate the visitor from the IP address and then serve up the appropriate affiliate link. I tried one a while back for vBulletin forum software but it didn't work very well at the time; I haven't looked for one for WordPress or other software yet.

There is no problem with promoting offers from various affiliate networks on your site. Or you could join a program like the Prosperent network who shows the most relevant products from all the major networks on your site. Just don't "over ad" your site. Blend and keep testing to find out what works the best.

banners
Back