The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Cloudflare BIC Settings? Robots.txt?

Hi Everyone!

I have setup Cloudflare on my website and I read the documentation which said that BIC (Browser Integrity Check) is turned on by default for Firewall but here I am asking to turn on the same.

I tried 2-3 Different IP addresses (made sure not to overdo it) but Cloudflare didn't start the BIC for me. There are a couple of websites that I know that would do the BIC once I use VPN even once! But it doesn't do that for my website. Pretty sure it's included for everyone in the "Free Plan"

Here's what I understand and I'm looking to setup for my website:

Any and all new IP addresses visiting my website should go through a Mandatory BIC (where it says this Process is automatic and should take only a few moments, not the Mandatory ReCaptcha Challenge!)

What am I missing? What do I need to set up?

Do I need To Include Robots.txt? (I know apples & oranges!) But same difference! Robots.txt can thwart Bots so....or so they say!

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
it hides your server ip.

I wont use my credit cards with any processors hosting with Cloudflare.
Is that common knowledge? What I mean to say is what's the extent of the general public knowing about this?

I didn't know Cloudflare came with free options, otherwise never would have paid for it (Cost of doing business for the first time!) for integration with my hosting server!
Cloudflare can slow down the page load of your landing pages when configured that way (BIC).
True which is why I chose a simple Lander. 1.4secs loading even at the slowest speed! 0.8secs at the fastest. Responsive too!
Slow loading landing pages = lower conversions.
Not true entirely. It all depends on the Sales Pitch. If you do it right and hit the right spot, people will wait! (In moderation) But yeah I get your point, which is why I optimized the original lander from 2.8MB down to just 800kb.

But thank you for your help. Appreciate it.

You tell me?
Cloudflare offers ddos protection and anonymity it hides your server ip.

I wont use my credit cards with any processors hosting with Cloudflare.
Cloudflare can slow down the page load of your landing pages when configured that way (BIC).
Slow loading landing pages = lower conversions.

So more can cost less depending on the quality
Question? If a quality traffic is available at a higher bid, but the bot made the request first, does my traffic go to the bot or the quality human traffic?

To put it with an example, let's say my bid is $0.50 For US GEO CPM Model. But a Bot is bidding at $0.25 or $0.35 Who does the traffic go to? (Assuming I haven't setup any Optimization Rules for daily budget or CPA Goal Budgets.)

Bot don't bid --they click and eat up your ad budget money.
Ok. But who employs them? Surely someone must be otherwise what's the use? Right? (Someone out there and by Someone I mean most of them these days are out there just to get your money!)
with every network I have tried.
That's kinda scary. What about the ones making high claims about their network being Adscore Certified?

Talking about Adscore, they have like 7 different ways of blocking bots, would you care to share which one you personally use? One that's Most effective (in your experience of course!)
greater quantity of traffic with the junk?
What's a good Stop-Loss For Impressions? 10,000 with less than 10% of visits should be blocked? (CPC Model)

Math?
I just look at the landed price per referral
CPM or CPC.

(CPM/%landed) == true cost

(1.70/.01)/1000 = $0.17000

(16.00/.20)/1000 = $0.08000
So more can cost less depending on the quality (@_@)

landed cost*number to conversion == cost of conversion

example:
$0.17*50 = $8.50 (2% of the net landed referrals will convert)
$0.17*10 = $1.70 (10% of the net landed referrals will convert)

Until you get a conversion ratio sample it's an assumed value
and the assumed value is dependent of the type offer <that's the guess work part.

Bot don't bid --they click and eat up your ad budget money.
(Assuming I haven't setup any Optimization Rules for daily budget or CPA Goal Budgets.)
First of all US traffic is the worst for bots with every network I have tried.
Bots go where the CPC publishers reward is greatest.
Say your rule was 5% CR --FINE; if you are buying 50% bot and low quality traffic --who wins in the end?
Question? If a quality traffic is available at a higher bid,
Is it really or are you just paying more for the same junk and getting a greater quantity of traffic with the junk?

Talking about Adscore, they have like 7 different ways of blocking bots, would you care to share which one you personally use? One that's Most effective (in your experience of course!)
I use that as a counter, and just briefly, to see how the ad network's count is in comparison to Adscore.
I will reduce the recommended bid on that basis. I would rather not get traffic than pay for garbage.
You cannot block bots really --that is a fallacy if you ask me.
What's a good Stop-Loss For Impressions?

1. I use my own data my filtered hits to the landing page.
    My traffic log compared to the click outs to the 'offer'
    (Click outs/traffic in) segmented by the site's ID > 5% (or whatever % seems reasonable for the offer)
  2. I use my server access logs to see how many are 302/403/444 by my disallowed networks server configurations
    (most are server farms)
    ( (the disallowed count) /200 OK) = good <<<The good needs to be 90% or better
  3. Traffic in >>my traffic.log
    (G-A sessions/Click outs) segmented by the site's ID > 50-70%
I pretty much disregard traffic network numbers entirely other than the money spent on a campaign --that matters --the rest of a traffic network's stats are not to be depended on at all.

My time investment. Now that it is coded it just a matter of configuration.
I am paying for the server the tracking is on anyway so it is no cash cost at all --just a time cost.

banners
Back